Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wifi not turning on

This is a discussion on Wifi not turning on within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello, I have been scouring the internet for a solution to my problem but i cant seem to find one. i currently have cm10 on ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wifi not turning on

Hello, I have been scouring the internet for a solution to my problem but i cant seem to find one. i currently have cm10 on my phone and have not had a problem for the last 6 months since i flashed it. yesterday i was no longer able to turn on my wifi. when i open my settings the wifi toggle is greyed out and in wifi settings it says "turning wifi on..." but it never actually does anything. i have noticed from my research that this problem usually coincides with the bluetooth not turning on but my bluetooth is functioning fine. i have tried clearing my cache, fixing my permissions, clearing my battery log and rebooting in airplane mode but nothing seems to work. is this a problem with the hardware or with the software itself?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beautiful_disaster92 View Post
    Hello, I have been scouring the internet for a solution to my problem but i cant seem to find one. i currently have cm10 on my phone and have not had a problem for the last 6 months since i flashed it. yesterday i was no longer able to turn on my wifi. when i open my settings the wifi toggle is greyed out and in wifi settings it says "turning wifi on..." but it never actually does anything. i have noticed from my research that this problem usually coincides with the bluetooth not turning on but my bluetooth is functioning fine. i have tried clearing my cache, fixing my permissions, clearing my battery log and rebooting in airplane mode but nothing seems to work. is this a problem with the hardware or with the software itself?
    Hopefully it is not a hardware problem. You might try backing up your rom and full wipe by clearing data along with the cache. If that doesn't help try a full wipe and another rom. If that doesn't work you might have to do a manual wipe and flash back to stock. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Condor97; 07-28-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Unfortunately my Atrix just encountered this problem too...only my bluetooth isn't working either. :'( I've done everything from dropping it, flashing, wiping, you name it. Currently I am waiting for my dad to drop off a T5 Torx so I can try the plastic jimmy-rigging of the motherboard. Unfortunately though...I think this may be it for my phone...the convenient part of it anyway. Though I haven't flashed it back to stock yet...I don't want to use RSD, but hey...we shall see!
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    I jimmy'd with the motherboard, did the dropping thing...all but going back to stock. I am 99% sure the hardware is toast, which is really lame, because that means that my lapdock's worth (to me) just dropped significantly.

I'm not too happy at all!
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Try removing the sim card and replace it back in. This worked for me.

Remove Ads

Ads