Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix HD Not Powering On

This is a discussion on Atrix HD Not Powering On within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Background: Daughters Motorola Atrix HD (phone is 7 months old) phone ended up with broken Glass. But it was still working for about a month. ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix HD Not Powering On

Background: Daughters Motorola Atrix HD (phone is 7 months old) phone ended up with broken Glass. But it was still working for about a month. Now it will not power on. When plugging it in the Green light appears for about 10 seconds then it goes out. Have tried different battery pull options of the power button & the Volume buttons but no change. I have since replaced the glass & the LCD screen. The phone still is not powering on. 10 Seconds of green then the light goes out. Have also been using the charger that came with the phone when trying to charge the phone.

Any suggestion or ideas to fix this phone.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    489 times
    Sorry to hear about your phone. Is there any way that you can try to charge the battery with an external charger, or get ahold of a battery that has already been charged?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your phone. Is there any way that you can try to charge the battery with an external charger, or get ahold of a battery that has already been charged?
    I have no way of charging the Battery exterally. How might I do this? I do have a Volt meter so I could check to see if the battery is carrying any kind of Charge. I could stop at the AT&T store to see if they can check the battery or have a spare. Problem is you need to take the phone apart to get the battery out. Which I have done when replacing the glass & LCD.
    One thing I was thinking of doing is to remove the 2 screws to the battery connection & with the battery disconnected plug the phone in. Then unplug the phone & reconnect the battery. Then try charging it again.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2015 times
    I seem to remember reading the the Atrix has the same battery as the Droid X, so if you know someone with that phone, you could try using their external charger to charge yours. Additionally, there is a universal external battery charger on the market - saw a picture and a review of it on one of the forums I moderate - but I can't remember the name of it. It would fit almost any cell phone battery made, and that impressed me.

EDIT: If you're interested in going that route, see this - https://www.google.com/#q=universal+...ger+cell+phone
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 01-22-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Ads