Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

running out of space

This is a discussion on running out of space within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I don't have much downloaded on my Atrix HD but I keep running our of space. How can I clean up my phone?Also, when I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chard1973
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: running out of space

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

running out of space

I don't have much downloaded on my Atrix HD but I keep running our of space. How can I clean up my phone?Also, when I manually type words, every other word skips a space between letters if I don't Swype. L I k e t h i s. But it's not even using the letters I manually type. If I manually type an s it inputs an a. K becomes l .

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    You can check what is using your storage in your settings (Settings/Storage). If you have a file manager/explorer you can manually delete/remove files. It is possible the typing is a hardware/touchscreen issue. You might try another keyboard from the play store to compare. If you really want to clean up your phone you can always do a factory reset. Be sure to back up your files on your pc first as it will delete them all.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    You can check what is using your storage in your settings (Settings/Storage). If you have a file manager/explorer you can manually delete/remove files. It is possible the typing is a hardware/touchscreen issue. You might try another keyboard from the play store to compare. If you really want to clean up your phone you can always do a factory reset. Be sure to back up your files on your pc first as it will delete them all.
    I can see that apps are using most of my storage but I don't think I have that many installed. Not sure how to clean them up. Can't find history or cookies either.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    If you go into your Settings/Apps, it will give you a list of what you have installed on your phone. You can go through the list and uninstall the ones you don't want. Best way to do it is to clear cache and data and then uninstall. History and cookies are going to be in your browser. When your are going through your apps, clear the data/cache on your browser and that will wipe any cookies/history that you may have with your browser.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok.

What about all of the ATT apps that came pre installed I don't use. Shouldn't hurt anything right.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
    brieezie likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chard1973 View Post
    Ok.

What about all of the ATT apps that came pre installed I don't use. Shouldn't hurt anything right.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
    You need to be VERY careful about just deleting apps which may appear to you to be unneeded. If it's a system app, stay completely away from it. I'm not sure where the AT&T branded apps fall, but removing the wrong app can cause you big problems - as in boot loops. You're much better off doing one of two things: the first is to simply ignore the app/apps in question, they aren't really causing you any problems and you avoid any chance of boot loops that way. The second thing is, if your bootloader is unlocked and you're rooted, find a custom rom which is constructed by the developer with those AT&T apps removed. By installing that, you'll rid yourself of the offending apps, SAFELY.
    Condor97 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Ads