Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

USB tethering works on one Atrix 2 but not the other

This is a discussion on USB tethering works on one Atrix 2 but not the other within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I bought 2 used Atrix 2 handsets from the original owner after he upgraded. The handsets were originally purchased from AT&T in the same transaction. ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

USB tethering works on one Atrix 2 but not the other

I bought 2 used Atrix 2 handsets from the original owner after he upgraded. The handsets were originally purchased from AT&T in the same transaction. So far, they have met all our needs except the ability to tether.

I have them running on Puretalk Unlimited and Unlimited+ plans. I called Puretalk about using tethering and the rep said they don't offer it. I've been able to get USB tethering to work on my handset with the Unlimited + plan but the wireless gives me an AT&T message that basically says I haven't paid for the service. My wife's handset gives me the same AT&T message for both USB and wireless tethering. I compared the configuration items I can see on the handsets including the Puretalk AP and they are identical except, I was able to enter wireless tethering parameters on my handset, even though wireless doesn't work. I swapped SIM cards between the handsets to see if it was related to the SIM, plan or Puretalk switch parameters. Her SIM tethers okay in my handset but my SIM won't tether in her handset. The problem must be a difference in the configuration of the handsets but I can't find the problem. Other than our chosen apps, the only other difference between the phones is that caller ID outgoing from my wife's handset reports the previous owner's name but her number despite having done factory resets on the handsets when they were received.

Does anyone have an explanation, references for study or better yet a solution to my tethering problem? Should I be looking beyond the settings menu?

Regards,
    George

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Unfortunately I know next to nothing about tethering. I take it you got the phones carrier unlocked? Someone may be able to point you in the right direction. The caller ID thing sounds kind of odd. It should be your sim card/service that that determines the caller id. Are you using a new sim card?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The phones didn't need to be unlocked since PureTalk is an AT&T MVNO. The previous owner kept his SIM's and I installed PureTalk SIM's that my wife and I have been using for three years in various Blackberry and "candy bar" handsets.

Remove Ads

Ads