Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can anyone guide me to fix this? Starting RSD Protcol Support

This is a discussion on Can anyone guide me to fix this? Starting RSD Protcol Support within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Sounds like your tech friend messed up the internal hardware somehow. If the rsd flash didn't work, I don't think there is any way to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can anyone guide me to fix this? Starting RSD Protcol Support

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Sounds like your tech friend messed up the internal hardware somehow. If the rsd flash didn't work, I don't think there is any way to restore it. Maybe try the flash again... if that doesn't do it, I'm not sure what to try next. JTAG may be the only option. Motorola would have to do that.
    Condor97 and UltraDroid like this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    It looks like you successfully flashed the SBF file to your phone, but it is still saying that you have no O.S. installed?
    Yes but I just noticed I no longer have a bootloader version? The previous picture shows what my bootloader version as 0000x7 etc. before I tried the flash. I did it twice to be on the safe side but now the bootloader version is gone. Does anyone have any mad skills to fix my phone? The only other option I have is to take it apart again and try a factory reboot while apart in the event the volume buttons are stuck. Is it possible that the screen & digitizer is what caused my phone to get wiped in the first place? Is this common when replacing parts?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Sounds like your tech friend messed up the internal hardware somehow. If the rsd flash didn't work, I don't think there is any way to restore it. Maybe try the flash again... if that doesn't do it, I'm not sure what to try next. JTAG may be the only option. Motorola would have to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Yes but I just noticed I no longer have a bootloader version? The previous picture shows what my bootloader version as 0000x7 etc. before I tried the flash. I did it twice to be on the safe side but now the bootloader version is gone. Does anyone have any mad skills to fix my phone? The only other option I have is to take it apart again and try a factory reboot while apart in the event the volume buttons are stuck. Is it possible that the screen & digitizer is what caused my phone to get wiped in the first place? Is this common when replacing parts?
    Gman is spot on here. Somehow the internals of your phone got messed up. Your best bet is going to be a Moto tech to revive it. If an SBF flash does not work, something is definitely wrong. Sorry about your phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    Gman is spot on here. Somehow the internals of your phone got messed up. Your best bet is going to be a Moto tech to revive it. If an SBF flash does not work, something is definitely wrong. Sorry about your phone.
    Somehow I missed Gman's reply. Thanks for the reply. It isn't worth paying $149.00 to have Motorola fix it when we can buy a new faster phone for $0.00 down or $99.00 for last years model or even this years model phones. I only paid $12.00 for the screen and digitizer. I was getting kind of worried when even my friend started to say that he was worried about breaking it but he actually meant the physical parts. I am not upset at all being an outdated phone and I only paid the tax when the phone was subsidized back in 2011. Now I am not so sure if I should have him work on my HTC ONE M7 as it also has a cracked screen but I do not feel like spending $189 to $250.00 to get it fixed when the parts are available for $75.00. I guess I can save up and have HTC do it. I was holding off to see if I can get the ATRIX 4G working to donate it to a friend. Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Is JTAG just running diagnostics on the Motherboard of the phone? I am not familiar with that term. Thanks

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Is JTAG just running diagnostics on the Motherboard of the phone? I am not familiar with that term. Thanks
    JTAG is actually soldering (in some cases) a physical connection directly to the chip being flashed, and de-soldered afterwards. Requires a lot of expensive equipment and software.

Swyped on my awesome 64Gb 1+1
    Condor97 likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads