Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Lost My Contacts ......Heeeelp!!

This is a discussion on Lost My Contacts ......Heeeelp!! within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; The contacts on my phone (the ones I care about) were replaced with contacts from my facebook and web-based email accounts (the ones I don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lost My Contacts ......Heeeelp!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lost My Contacts ......Heeeelp!!

The contacts on my phone (the ones I care about) were replaced with contacts from my facebook and web-based email accounts (the ones I don't care about).

It appears the contacts that I had in my phone have been replaced with facebook, yahoo and gmail contacts (which I don't use), and I can't figure out why it happened, nor can I figure out how to get my contacts back.

I know I can go to the ATT store and have them take the contacts from my old Blackberry and put them back onto my shiny new Atrix. But, the real problem is that this is the 2nd time this happened, and I'd like to figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

I believe it has something to do with my Yahoo email account because after I added the Yahoo account, I realized that my contact list only had my Yahoo contacts. Then, I realized it added my facebook friends to my contacts, then I realized it added my gmail contacts. Those are NOT my real contacts that I keep in my phone and I don't want them there.

The first time it happened was after I added my gmail to the phone.

I hope somebody knows why this happened and can explain how to prevent it from happening in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

Edit: Oh, I'd also like to figure out the best way save my contacts from my phone so if this ever happens in the future I can fix it myself rather than going to the ATT store.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    This is weird it should display contacts from all of your accounts and what is saved on your phone it shouldn't delete any though.

You can back-up your contacts with lookout mobile security.

DVD
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All

(First Post)

I had this happen to me as well when I added my LinkedIn account through Social Networking, it overwrote all my contacts transferred from my iphone.

I haven't figured out a easy way to get them back without having to go to the AT&T store.

Spoke to several other Atrix owners and they didn’t encounter anything similar, so I figured I just did something weird.

If someone finds out what the root cause is, please share because I don’t want this to happen to me again.

- DVD

DVD
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quick follow up

Bmid2ton,

Did you attempt to root your phone first or did this happen with stock everything?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    DVD, no, I didn't root my phone. It's stock.

One thing that the ATT people did for me last night was to save my contacts to my sim card. That way, she said the contacts won't be deleted. However, I think Motoblur is the culprit. It takes all my social stuff and adds it to the contacts. I'm not sure why it's overwriting my other contacts though. She also said to go into the settings of each of my social media type accounts (facebook, yahoo, gmail, etc) and make sure to unselect the option for adding the contacts to your phone.

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    had the same problem. click on the blue contacts buttom then click the settings button (bottom left 4 boxes) click more then import/export then press (under the import contact) SIM card. Hope this helps. I deleted my fb from motoblur, I have all the people I want to talk to under my sim contacts.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you have sync enabled your contacts are safe. Go to contacts, menu button and hit import/export. Now try to import from SD.If that doesn't work go to contacts, menu button, accounts, manage accounts, select your gmail account, sync contacts.The third way is to use some data recovery software to recover deleted contacts from android with one click.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by EllaCharley; 03-25-2016 at 04:28 AM.
    brieezie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmid2ton View Post

One thing that the ATT people did for me last night was to save my contacts to my sim card. That way, she said the contacts won't be deleted. However, I think Motoblur is the culprit. It takes all my social stuff and adds it to the contacts. I'm not sure why it's overwriting my other contacts though. She also said to go into the settings of each of my social media type accounts (facebook, yahoo, gmail, etc) and make sure to unselect the option for adding the contacts to your phone.
    If you want to recover lost your contacts,I have a suggestion for you to recover lost contacts from Android Phone,Try iStonsoft Android SMS+Contacts Recovery or MobiKin Doctor for Android,Believe you can very easily to restore your android phone contacts!
    Last edited by Firling; 10-24-2014 at 05:44 AM.
    brieezie, Werfkjl and Xkoiul like this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    if you don't have backup into your computer or gmail account, the only way is using any 3rd party android recovery software or app for recovering your contacts. How to recover contacts on android
    Last edited by Werfkjl; 04-27-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmid2ton View Post

if you backup your contacts on to Gmail, then you can easily restore contacts from Gmail to your Android phone, if you didn't have backups, the only way is try Mobiledic Android data recovery program to scan your Android phone, maybe it can retrieve deleted contacts on Android without backup.
    Last edited by Alexander772; 05-19-2016 at 01:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads