Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Starring" contacts causes them to disappear from contacts list

This is a discussion on "Starring" contacts causes them to disappear from contacts list within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hey all, I just noticed something weird that may, or may not be, Atrix specific so I thought I'd save some people time chasing it ...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

"Starring" contacts causes them to disappear from contacts list

Hey all,

I just noticed something weird that may, or may not be, Atrix specific so I thought I'd save some people time chasing it themselves.

While on the phone, in the stock contacts app, I decided to "Star" a few of my contacts to make them easier to import as speed dial numbers in my dialer app (TakePhone).

I little bit latter I tried to find the contact in the stock app and they were gone! I looked at all the various contact groups listed, including Favorites, and they were no where to be found. I went back to Gmail on my PC and noticed that a new group had been formed under the contacts page "Starred in Android". As soon as I moved them back to the My Contacts group they sync'd right up again.

Moral of the story - don't "star" your contacts....

Ski

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I found this out too. Took me a while though. I can't imagine why this is this way.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I starred all my contacts I call on a regular basis and then set contacts to show favorites only. this way I didn't have to search through a very long list to find them. I didn't have any problem with them showing up.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmedic828 View Post
    I starred all my contacts I call on a regular basis and then set contacts to show favorites only. this way I didn't have to search through a very long list to find them. I didn't have any problem with them showing up.
    My problem was that they didn't even show up under the Favorites tab. Nor would they show up under the All Contacts tab.

Ski

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I haven't found this to be the case. All of my contacts seem to work well in both the phone and on the PC, starred or not. I can view "all" "favorites" or "business" categories and where they overlap, they show up in both/all categories. I'm guessing it may have more to do with how you set it up (settings) than it being a universal issue.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a simmilar problem with "speed dial". They keep disappearing! I have assigned speed dial numbers to certain contacts already several times!

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I just noticed something weird that may, or may not be, Atrix specific so I thought I'd save some people time chasing it themselves.

While on the phone, in the stock contacts app, I decided to "Star" a few of my contacts to make them easier to import as speed dial numbers in my dialer app (TakePhone).

I little bit latter I tried to find the contact in the stock app and they were gone! I looked at all the various contact groups listed, including Favorites, and they were no where to be found.
    This is something I can check for. I have a unrooted, stock atrix. (It's carrier unlocked however, but I still think this qualifies)
    So, I tap the Blue icon to bring up my contacts page. The contacts A-Z page show up.
    I tap a contact (example: Sexy Girl), which brings up the Contact Info page.
    To the right of Sexy Girl's name is a star. I tap the star, which changes from grey to yellow.

I went back to the stock contact page, and Sexy Girl is still in my list.
    Everything seems a-ok. I'll keep her starred for a while to see if she disappears from the contact list.

Moral of the story - don't "star" your contacts....
    I cant reproduce this issue. But I dont doubt it has happened to your phone. I wonder if it has to do something with your dialer app, or some other reason.

- U

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmedic828 View Post
    Same with me - and I've got four separate android phones, all responding the same way.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Ads