Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix will not power up.

This is a discussion on Atrix will not power up. within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Originally Posted by demetri_j My phone went from having about 60% power this afternoon to completely drained by 7pm and I didn't use it at ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by demetri_j View Post
    My phone went from having about 60% power this afternoon to completely drained by 7pm and I didn't use it at all. It wouldnt power up so I plugged it in and it show the battery at 0%. That's never happend before. WTF
    Might've had something stuck running in the background that drained it

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Have you tried the wall charger? The USB to PC cannot wake the phone when it runs all of the way down.
    Thanks. You saved me.

I already did this once before, and had forgotten. This is such an exotic abnormal behavior, one does not think of it.

Now is this not insane? You forget to charge the phone in the evening, and in the morning it is dead. You charge it for 3 hours on a USB port, and it still is dead.

I wonder if Motorola is not sorry for this fluke. It certainly must cost them customer service hours and bad raps. I often travel with no wall charger but USB batteries. And it would not surprise me if some wall chargers would not charge the Atrix either.

There is no logical reason that USB chargers always charge the phone, except when the battery ran down completely, which can happen pretty easily. So easily (when using GPS etc) that I always carry an external USB charging battery (great item). Now I have to make sure I charge before battery runs down.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just found this comment elsewhere

[SOLVED] Atrix will not power on, green light flashes, plugged in and.... nothing! [Archive] - xda-developers

Sorry about the necromancy, but had this problem myself but it is NOT due to a lack of voltage. Thought I'd actually solve this, the problem is CURRENT.

USB2 ports will only ever supply 500ma which simply isn't enough to charge the atrix when it's dead. USB2 powered hubs won't supply any more than this either to meet the USB2 spec. The fact that the AC adapter works is because they tend to have a higher output current in the region of 1-2 amps (you may notice the phone, or any other device for that matter, charges faster with AC adapters for this reason).

On a similar note, cheap car chargers only output 500ma. I know with my desire I can have it plugged in and it charges, but if I use GPS it actually draws more current than it can charge at resulting in the battery draining (albeit, slowly).
    So, make sure you have a higher current AC/Car charger, or alternatively, plug it into a USB3 port to charge as USB3 spec allows 900ma (some mobos output up to 1A) which is enough to charge the Atrix.

Does not make too much sense, because when the phone is dead and off, it should not consume 500 mA. And I manage to charge the phone, even on and functioning, with my laptop.

I wonder if anyone tried a special USB connector that plugs into 2 USB ports to give higher currents, for example for hard disks.

See why I chose the name "curious"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads