Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix will not power up.

This is a discussion on Atrix will not power up. within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; My brand new Atrix will no longer power up. I think the battery just ran down. I plugged it in to power up the battery, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Atrix will not power up.

My brand new Atrix will no longer power up. I think the battery just ran down. I plugged it in to power up the battery, and left it charging for 3 hours, (so I thought), but now the screen is black and will not power up. I click on the power button and there's a little green dot that lights up for a quick moment, then nothing. It's very upsetting. Paid a lot for this phone. The screen is just black/blank. Nothing to swipe at. Will not come on again. I have not messed with it in terms of rooting. I did recently unlock it, so that it works with any carrier. But it was working just fine until now, even with the unlock. Wha wha whaaaaaa. Any one have any ideas? Is the phone just dead? I have not dropped it. It just will no longer power up. Is it possible that this super-duper fancy battery will no longer hold a charge? It's only a few weeks old.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Have you tried the wall charger? The USB to PC cannot wake the phone when it runs all of the way down.

Edit: Might want to pull the battery for a few minutes then reinsert and try the wall charger for a little while. I have heard some users had to leave it over night and it woke in the morning.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by das8nt; 04-03-2011 at 10:16 PM.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

No Love from a dead Atrix

Well, I took out the battery for about 10 minutes, put it back in, left the phone charging overnight, and still, the phone will not power up. What to do now? (what's that little pin hole for? It's next to the power-up button.)

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    The little pin hole is the noise-canceling microphone. At this point, I suppose your best bet is an exchange.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I just have to make sure... you are using the OEM Motorola wall charger? Aftermarket ones don't seem to work so well on these new-fangled gadgets.

If so, and still no-go, then I would say, yes, see if AT&T will exchange it.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Ok.. strange thing.. I was playing pocket legends then all of a sudden my phone just went black. The screen turned off and everything. Now I'm right where jajan is.. When I press the power button the green LED lights up for a second then turns off and thats it. When I plug it in, the green light stays on but when I try to turn it on the light goes off for a second, comes back on for a second then stays off.. I'm trying everything and nothing is working..

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Ok, well I got it to turn on using the wall charger. The strange thing was that it was being charged while I was using it. Still not sure how it happened :/

Scared me there though

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, it's all good. Problem solved. First, big ups to the forum and it's members, without who's support I would find myself checking into some Betty Ford Clinic or some such institution for the paniky insane.

I took the phone + usb microcable + OEM Motorola wall charger to one of the AT&T stores here in downtown DC. After some trial and error, swapping, testing,...we figured out that there was nothing wrong with the phone. (Whew!)
    The problem was with the Motorola wall Charger/plug (It has the Motorola Logo on it). It just wasn't working. This is a little charger/plug that plugs into any outlet, but you still need to plug the USB Microcable to it, and the other end of the Microcable to the phone. This little charger/plug wasn't working on any
    of the phones in the store that we tested it on. So I bought a new one, a one-piece charger that immediately started re-charging my battery. The problem was not with the battery, but with this little charger/plug. I paid $29.00 for the new one-piece wall charger (wall jack and permanently attached USB cord in one unit) and considered myself lucky.

Crisis Averted!

~Jajan

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Great to hear everyone is back up and running!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

similar issue

My phone went from having about 60% power this afternoon to completely drained by 7pm and I didn't use it at all. It wouldnt power up so I plugged it in and it show the battery at 0%. That's never happend before. WTF

Ads