Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola ATRIX 4G AT&T - MMS (Text pics) not opening or sending

This is a discussion on Motorola ATRIX 4G AT&T - MMS (Text pics) not opening or sending within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I have beaten this to death with AT&T and the Retailer. I am not, for some reason, able to send a MMS (Text Pic) when ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Motorola ATRIX 4G AT&T - MMS (Text pics) not opening or sending

I have beaten this to death with AT&T and the Retailer. I am not, for some reason, able to send a MMS (Text Pic) when I hit send, it just disappears. Also, when receiving a pic text I get a box that says either "Your phone is not compatible with this mesage type or size. Portions of this message will not be displayed" or " a Download button that does nothing and says it will expire in 4 days". I have replaced the sim card 3 times, tried another phone as well as put my sim in a Inspire and still does the same thing. Has anybody else had this issue? HELP!!!
    Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Wow! Never seen that issue but if you switched phones and get the same error, it sounds like it has something to do with your data / mms plan.

What did the AT&T say?
    "The best analogy I can tell you is; The Atrix is like a race car, it will take you a few days to customize it, but once you do, it's like nothing you've ever driven before." -FlexRated

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I was going to say the same thing. It would have to be network related, not phone specific.

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I had a similar issue the first few hours of having my Atrix, the CS rep on the phone deleted my data plan and then re-added it and all was good.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I have 3 days left of the first 30 to swap out or get rid of the Atrix. I've spoken with AT&T Warranty, Tech and everybody including the retailer.
    AT&T Removed the data plan and reinstalled it and I am now able to send Text Pics (MMS) but I am still not getting Text Pics correctly. Sometimes they work fine, but alot are saying imcompatible. I've noticed that if a pic has been modified (IE: Resized, cropped) it will come in as incompatible and not be able to view.
    Any other suggestions on this? AT&T doesnt have a clue and I'm really on the edge of getting rid of the ATRIX. I love most everything about it, except this MMS picture issue and the voice quality (speakerphone especially) is very bad.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Have you tried another messaging app instead of the stock one? How about removing the messaging APK and reinstalling it? Flashing back to stock and then reloading 5.7?
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I've tried SMS GO PRO and wouldnt work, but not tried removing the Text app completely. No clue how to flash it back and install 5.7 though. Dont wanna mess up something else.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hey ATRIXBear,

This is in response to the PM, just wanted to make sure you received the reply:

Unfortunately, I don't believe I have another suggestion for getting this to work. I take it that by saying retailer you did not purchase the phone directly from AT&T? If you did I would push them to swap the phone out for another Atrix handset, just to make sure it's not the hardware with some obscure issue. Possibly see if AT&T can provide you with a new SIM? The SIM being the issue is a longshot, but it could be possible I guess. If you have access to another smartphone, any kind/brand besides iPhone (SIM won't fit), I would put your SIM into it and try to send from the other phone. If you can't send from another phone then it HAS to be something that AT&T/the retailer did to screw up your data account settings. If you can send/receive fine, then it would be the hardware of that particular Atrix. I can't think of any setting in the phone that a user could change that would effect this.

Sorry for the lack of help on this one; I'm really stumped here.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Ads