Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SD card problem

This is a discussion on SD card problem within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I have a 8GB kodak SD card on my atrix which I formatted on my computer before mounting to my phone. All contents like music ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SD card problem

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

SD card problem

I have a 8GB kodak SD card on my atrix which I formatted on my computer before mounting to my phone. All contents like music and pictures are read by the apps but it seem like everytime I save something to the SD card the app, would say successfully saved/backup to your SD card but it gets save to the phone internal storage. It does it with everything, like when I first started using the camera/video it says it detected the SD card and asked if I would like it to be the default storage and I said yes, but everytime I take pictures it would go to internal storage, same with Launcher backup, saying backup successfully saved to SD but not. Even if I moved the file to SD ( hoping that maybe the app would see it there and divert) It would just create a new folder on internal storage and keeps writing it there. Any help would be appreciated.

And by the way, I am a silent fan of this forum, and I do love my Atrix, coming from a phone I thought was already the best phone in the world, My former love, Nexus One.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    I've kinda noticed the same thing on mine. So far, with the GOBS of onboard storage, I haven't really worried about it, but I can see where it might become an issue down the road.

Anyone have any suggestions to correct this?

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Iamme. I still carry my Nexus One alongside my Atrix! Still a truly outstanding device in its' own right, too!

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Maybe a stupid question, but have you verified you do in fact have the phone set to use the SD card as default storage? Only reason I ask is I did the same thing, i.e., chose to use SD card as default when prompted, but when I go into settings and look under SD card & phone storage, it still say internal storage is set as the default. Just a thought.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey Winkworth View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but have you verified you do in fact have the phone set to use the SD card as default storage? Only reason I ask is I did the same thing, i.e., chose to use SD card as default when prompted, but when I go into settings and look under SD card & phone storage, it still say internal storage is set as the default. Just a thought.
    Now, correct me if i'm wrong, under SD card and phone storage settings the header on the storage phone location says Window Media Sync, so I am assuming that it only works when syncing with the PC ( Although I always have that set to SD card since I got the phone) but is that the button for setting storage for apps? Because in the Nexus One you go under Application settings then storage.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    You're a sharper tack than I am... I never even noticed the Windows Media Sync header
    No doubt you are correct - sorry for the false lead

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I have seen posted elsewhere that this is an issue in the software from Moto. One of the "ROMs" from XDA included an option to change the whole phone's default storage option, but it's not that way on the stock phone yet. Hopefully after the next update?

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Ads