Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix won't vibrate for any notifications in silent mode

This is a discussion on Atrix won't vibrate for any notifications in silent mode within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Whenever I put my phone into silent mode, the LED notification light will come on, but the phone will no vibrate. I've checked that the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix won't vibrate for any notifications in silent mode

Whenever I put my phone into silent mode, the LED notification light will come on, but the phone will no vibrate. I've checked that the overall vibrate is set to "Always", and that the vibrate functions in each individual app are set to on...but still, no vibrate when a new text/email/IM/etc. comes in, just the light. I've restarted, removed the battery, and killed all third-party apps, and the problem continues. It seems that a lot of other phones, Droids specifically, on 2.2 are having this problem, but I didn't see it mentioned specifically anywhere on these forums. Anyone have any ideas to fix this problem?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    There's actually three settings. Full volume, Vibrate Only and Silent. I would download Silent Toggle Widget or Volume Control+ to be able to quickly switch between the three. I like both for different reasons, STW is so simple while VC+ is not one touch, but it gives quick access to all of the different volume levels for the phone.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I installed Silent Toggle Widget and tried that solution. Using it to toggle to the two other modes (vibrate only and silent) produced no different effects. When I receive a call in silent mode, the phone still vibrates, but it doesn't vibrate for any other reason. I also tested again last night, and found that nothing but an incoming phone call will cause it to vibrate even when on standard (loud) ring mode. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think this problem has just started occurring yesterday--that is, I think I remember that it previously did vibrate. I haven't installed any new programs in the last few days--with the exception of silent toggle widget--but I'm going to go back and double-check. I'd really like this to work, silent mode is a pretty big feature for me. If I can't, I just might have to return it and go back to my iPhone. Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just went through Motorola's online troubleshooting, and it suggests to factory reset my phone. I'm not really interested in doing this, since I will lose everything I've downloaded and configured, and since I don't have root, from my understanding that means I can't just back it up and restore it. If the bottom line is that I have to do a hard reset, I'll just go back to iPhone. Until then, any further help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    One more last ditch effort... possibly try the other app recommended above. It actually lets you turn on/off vibrate for each phone ring and notifications separately. Volume Control +

Open the app and you should see your list of volume choices. The square Icon next to the Ring and Notification should toggle each item's vibrate picture next to the volume number. I'll post a screenshot momentarily.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    YES!!! I guess I should have just listened to all of your advice from the get-go. I installed Volume Control+, and it originally showed that vibrate was turned on, but still it wouldn't vibrate. So I used VC+ to toggle the vibrate setting off, then back on, and everything started working correctly again. Thank you so much for your help, I really love this phone and I'm happy to keep it, but it needed to vibrate!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1302875381773.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  52.0 KB

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Lol! A little late on the screenie.

Glad you got it working!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can you also control the duration of the vibrate function with these widgets? The reason I ask is that the vibrate on the calendar notification is too short and I can see myself sleeping through it (and potentially missing tomorrow's track day).
    I though I'd check before installing and uninstalling should it not do what I need.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Man, I hope there's a way....it would be a crime to miss a track day! Where are you gonna be playin?

Ads