Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Battery drained, no problem... oh wait, i won't turn on.

This is a discussion on Battery drained, no problem... oh wait, i won't turn on. within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Well, long story short, I plugged it in to my laptop USB, the green light illuminates briefly but it won't turn on. After about an ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery drained, no problem... oh wait, i won't turn on.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Well, long story short, I plugged it in to my laptop USB, the green light illuminates briefly but it won't turn on. After about an hour on the laptop, I just plugged it into the wall charger. It's exactly the same.
    There is also a post somewhere that someone experienced a USB connection not providing enough juice to the phone to charge it appropriately. I would plug it into the wall charger and try turning it on. If it doesn't at that point, take it ba
    I have seen this mentioned before in forums.

Just wondering if the Motorola USB driver was installed? Very little current is sent to a new usb device when it is first plugged in. It requires the device to hand-shake with the OS through the usb driver, then the device can ask for more current. I believe 500ma is the max that a usb port can supply.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davemason View Post
    I have seen this mentioned before in forums.

Just wondering if the Motorola USB driver was installed? Very little current is sent to a new usb device when it is first plugged in. It requires the device to hand-shake with the OS through the usb driver, then the device can ask for more current. I believe 500ma is the max that a usb port can supply.

You know, that's a very good point, that hadn't occured to me, but if you download the MotoHelper USB drivers directly from Motorola it does state they are charging drivers. I know I make it a practice to install from there first on a new PC before I connect to it because I've seen the drivers from the phone fail to install correctly more than once.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just posted a "bug" regarding this. My phone did the same thing. If the phone is dead, the USB charger will not work from a computer. I think the software needs to see that the phone is there before it will send power to the device. I'm not sure if there's an option in the software yet. I'll check the next time I drain the phone all the way down.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonblue View Post
    I just posted a "bug" regarding this. My phone did the same thing. If the phone is dead, the USB charger will not work from a computer. I think the software needs to see that the phone is there before it will send power to the device. I'm not sure if there's an option in the software yet. I'll check the next time I drain the phone all the way down.
    This is not a bug. If the battery is that low that the phone will not boot up, then it cannot hand shake with the computer to get the usb port to source more current. The only choice is to plug it into the wall.
    will.wilson likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had a similar problem. I took out the battery and the sd card, left the sd card out and it charged fine. I haven't had a problem since. I had an Impression that had a problem (would start then restart then restart that worked after removing the sd camera).

Quote Originally Posted by dotvezz View Post
    So last night while I was at a show, my battery died. I didn't think anything of it, just gotta plug it in, right?

Well, long story short, I plugged it in to my laptop USB, the green light illuminates briefly but it won't turn on. After about an hour on the laptop, I just plugged it into the wall charger. It's exactly the same.

When I press the power button or plug it in, the green light illuminates briefly.

Plug in: about 10 seconds
    Power button press: about 2 seconds.

I tried removing/replacing the battery.

The battery or device does not feel warm, even after hours on the charger.

I have yet to try another cable, but it's on my list of things to try.

Anyone know what's going on?

Awesome forum, btw. I an see myself visiting here a lot. Sucks that this problem is what brought me here >_<...

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Found out something about usb ports. I am using linux at work, and the atrix charges up fine without special drivers.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk!
    Magic is real -- unless declared integer.
    - sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

soultion works

Quote Originally Posted by jordaninthesky View Post
    You could try this:

Press the power button, and then plug it in while the light is still green. Be quick about it though. Please post your results!
    my atrix was stuck, i did this and the phone turned on the first time i tried it. thank you jordaninthesky!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It was my charger cord... so im going to charge it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads