Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

can items in internal storage be deleted if not being used?

This is a discussion on can items in internal storage be deleted if not being used? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; well first of all this is my first post..it's also my first smartphone, so still trying to figure it out..don't abuse me too much..my question ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

can items in internal storage be deleted if not being used?

well first of all this is my first post..it's also my first smartphone, so still trying to figure it out..don't abuse me too much..my question is this, as i was trying to move music from the internal storage to the sd card, i noticed that there was 399 items cached in the wallpaper section. i was just curious if i could delete these, and if i did delete them, would i have any problems. thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    well i went ahead and deleted them and nothing bad happened so ignore this post...next time i'll try and post something more meaningful since i have a million questions.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    We NEVER abuse n00bs here...we were all n00bs once. I just came to Android last year! We're glad to have you here, and even more so to help you out if we can! Welcome to our community.

As for the 399 cached items...I'm not sure, to be honest. I seriously don't think there's that many wallpapers included with Android or the Atrix in particular. You might want to drill a bit deeper, and see if you can figure out what they really are. There are some apps that, if deleted, will interfere with getting future software updates and OS updates. So be careful before you go deleting stuff. In any event, the Atrix has GOBS of storage, so it would be quite some time before you felt 'squeezed' for space!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Welcome to the forums, Mr. Pickle!

I'm not sure what the 399 items were either, but I'm glad it didn't cause any issues. As long as you're in the "Media" (10+ GB area) area of the internal storage and not the System, Data (2 GB +/-) or Apps (2GB +/-) sections you should be OK.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Welcome, Slickpickle!

Nice to have a new member! Don't worry about getting a hard time for being a n00b We don't discriminate.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I have noticed some apps seem to cache their data add well add some web sites

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Remove Ads

Ads