Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Storing media on internal memory - Mobo

This is a discussion on Storing media on internal memory - Mobo within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hey Guys, Whats the best way / place to store media files like music videos for use in the Mobo player ? I have some ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Storing media on internal memory - Mobo

Hey Guys,

Whats the best way / place to store media files like music videos for use in the Mobo player ? I have some on an SD card but the buggers full.

Thanks

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    About the most simple way to do it would be to connect you phone via the provided USB cable and use the Mass Storage USB setting after plugging in the phone (pull down the Notification bar and use the USB selection). You might want to go ahead and download the Moto drivers before doing this from here: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

The phone is supposed to install all of the needed drivers when you plug it in, but you have to run through all of the connection settings to let them all install. This way you won't have to switch between them all, just set it in Mass Storage and start copying files to your preferred folder.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Excellent !!

Is there a good folder for videos and stuff on the internal drive ? On the SD card, I just leave them out of a folder otherwise some programs don't seem to be able to find them.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwaka View Post
    Excellent !!

Is there a good folder for videos and stuff on the internal drive ? On the SD card, I just leave them out of a folder otherwise some programs don't seem to be able to find them.
    Can you tell me which apps are having trouble finding the files and I can try to troubleshoot and find the best location?

Edit: Also, depending on what video file type it is then the phone might not recognize it. .3gp .mp4 and .m4v are all recognized by the Atrix and should show up automatically no matter where you store them. Certain players like RockPlayer can play other file types and they actually let you browse your whole phone storage to look for the files instead of just offering a Gallery type of view, where it's only limited to what the phone finds and decides are video files.
    Last edited by das8nt; 04-23-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    On SD, mobo music and a bunch of cover art apps couldn't find them and didn't have the ability to browse to them when I put them in a media folder. I dumped everything onto the main SD ( no folder ) and that seemed to work best. They seem to find them automatically here.

I have not saved anything to the internal memory yet. Just wanted to check first as to the best location and save all the hassle of moving things around. I will be using mobo video app I think mostly and doubletwist or poweramp for audio.

Thanks for the help

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Mobo actually gives me the option to set the folders where it searches for video files to add. Menu button, then tap the Folder Icon. You should then have a list of folders available and you can drill down to find a subfolder. You can also use the Menu button again to select to go up to the Parent folder.

As a side note your internal storage is called /mnt/sdcard and your actual SD card is called /mnt/sdcard-ext

BUT, I couldn't get Mobo to successfully play an mpg file I had, where Rockplayer played it just fine.

The album art apps... I couldn't speak for them finding the correct location.
    Last edited by das8nt; 04-23-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post

As a side note your internal storage is called /mnt/sdcard and your actual SD card is called /mnt/sdcard-ext
    Great info

Remove Ads

Ads