Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1.5.7 and Rooted, how do I update to 1.83?

This is a discussion on 1.5.7 and Rooted, how do I update to 1.83? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; After reading many different threads on here and xda I am utterly confused on what to do to update to 1.83. My atrix is on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

1.5.7 and Rooted, how do I update to 1.83?

After reading many different threads on here and xda I am utterly confused on what to do to update to 1.83. My atrix is on 1.5.7 and rooted with no other mods but it will not update after I download the file. What is my best course of action?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Links in my signature!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    If you have no mods (webtop hack, deleted system apps, hdmi mirroring, ROM), have you frozen anything with TiBU or BloatFreezer?

If not, then you best bet would be to use the links as she mentioned to find how to flash a fresh SBF 4.1.26 or 4.1.57, then update, then root using GingerBreak.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    You can also just sbf flash 83 and skip everything with downloading and all that all together. Much easier that way.

Either way, it's all in SIMPLE english, not dev speak in my link.
    1- Use the search function before asking a question--it takes away from new questions to have the same ones pop up over and over.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE
    I dont mean to seem rude...but PLEASE search for your answer. New questions deserve answers, and we can't see them if the same thing pops up over and over

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You are too wonderful.. got it updated and rooted with your instructions. I was able to flash directly to 83 and gingerbreak from there without losing any info! Thank you woman!!

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Welcome! We are good for things other than cooking! LOL!
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I never underestimate the power of a great woman. oh btw I never lost sideloading either.. happy to be up to date again. now if only they would update swype for the Atrix.. I'm hesitant to do that hack update. I been using SwiftKey in the meantime

Sent from my Rooted Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    You know, i've done the beta SEVERAL times, and it REPEATEDLY has to force close. I wont do it again.
    2- ROMS
    3-
    HACKS
    4- THEMES
    5- To root 8.3 go HERE

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itsnowornever View Post
    You know, i've done the beta SEVERAL times, and it REPEATEDLY has to force close. I wont do it again.
    Welp.. guess that takes care of my curiosity. I'll stick with swiftkey in the mean time until moto and swype decide to bless us with a little update.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    So .83 downloaded on it's own last week and I didn't want to actually update until I knew my path forward (rooting and such). Well, I accidentally hit the install button instead of the ignore button on Friday and after a few expletives I was updated against my will (seems I need to figure out the freezing function of TiBU). I lost root of course, can't access BofA, etc. The extra speed has been nice, though.

Just to make sure I have this right, I should flash a fresh .83 (as opposed to .57) then Gingerbreak, then pick up the pieces from there? (Jump in at step 4 on itsnowornever's all-inclusive thread).

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads