Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Internal Storage random wiped/empty

This is a discussion on Atrix Internal Storage random wiped/empty within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Since i got the phone no problems its been great but today i was using the phone as normal this morning playing a little Death ...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Question Atrix Internal Storage random wiped/empty

Since i got the phone no problems its been great but today i was using the phone as normal this morning playing a little Death Worm and at lunch reading the news but then come time to go home i went to load my music up and it was not there so i was like hmm maybe syncness wiped it off, so i went to play Death Worm "Application not found" so i opened the file reader app and my internal storage was empty only 3 folders and the other day was lots of folders and my picture i took on the camera is gone.

None of my settings have been affected and my other apps are all there fine and 2 other games fine just it remove all my internal storage folders and 2 games Death Worm, Samurai II.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    That sounds like what happened to my first Atrix. I never got a proper diagnosis, but it appeared that the phone had lost the ability to "locate" the internal storage for some reason. Have you tried installing any other apps? Mine would install a few, then completely fail to install some others...no pattern. I had AT&T replace mine, and the new one has been fine in that regard so far.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I just had the phone turned off for about 2 hours after reinstalling the 2 missing games and my music files and when i turned it on again no files or folders, so i told the phone to unmount and remount the internal storage and then installed the items and rebooted the phone the items are still there but i dont know if it being off for a long time cuases the wipe or not yet. I hope i dont have to send this back i really dont wanna

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Ok i did a few tests, tried turning phone on and off several times, also left it off for about 30 minutes and also ran the battery dead and charged it back and every time i turned it on the internal storage was perfectly fine so im thinking that it must of been a bug which was resolved when i unmounted and then mounted the internal storage. Hopefully it wont occur again in the future.

Remove Ads

Ads