Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

apps and files deleted randomly

This is a discussion on apps and files deleted randomly within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I turned the handset off and on 3 times and on the 3rd time the storage was empty so its causing storage wipe when it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I turned the handset off and on 3 times and on the 3rd time the storage was empty so its causing storage wipe when it re-mounts. Well looks like it might be going back to orange.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same problem too.

Have had the phone less than two weeks and twice it has frozen, rebooted and simultaneously wiped all music and photos, i.e. all files I've created on the internal memory.

It's going back on Monday.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Its funny phones never crashed and rebooted until I read your comment but luckily it didn't wipe this time

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    I'm having the same problem too.

Have had the phone less than two weeks and twice it has frozen, rebooted and simultaneously wiped all music and photos, i.e. all files I've created on the internal memory.

It's going back on Monday.
    yea mine didnt freeze or anything though, it happened while it was on i believe, right after quick pic, nowi think something rare and weird happened, cuz it hasnt repeated!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I got a new atrix in the end but for any of you wondering the random storage wipe seemed to be fixed after a factory reset, only reason I got a new atrix was that I thought I may as well have a new one seen as orange offered me a replacement. But yeh if your out of ideas try a reset, hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    I had the same problem with my first Atrix, and a Factory Reset only helped temporarily. I still had to exchange the device to get one that worked properly. I am somewhat relieved to hear that the same issue happened to someone else, though.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i honestly think i may have found out whats doing this, if i remember correctly both times it happened to me were when I restarted the phone while the little syncing 2 arrow thing in the notification bar was up. Does that sound likely or do i have a defective phone?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    its weird tho, videos and pictures i take using the camera and camcorder are not deleted, only files i made usingthe phone... for example zedge ringtones, photofunia and pho.to edited pictures, angry birds (which this time did not happen so i think thatwas a rare occurance), dat piff mixtapes, but yea, its only deleting things that apps created or downloaded! still frustrating but its not touching the good stuff. Both times were after a restart and i think it may have been syncing both times, cuz i thought those arrows ment restart your phone til today hahahahah!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well chaps, I took my first phone back; now on my second and it's happening again.

It deletes music and photos and deletes all open web pages.

It's not a connection/disconnection thing. With both phones, I have watched it have its fit and reboot. Whilst sitting on the desk, connected to nothing, I see the green light go solid and the destructive reboot happen.

I barely use any apps. I am using LauncherPro though. Are you guys using it? Just wracking my brain over what can it be causing it. I connect it to my PC and an Atrix lapdock and don't think either are to blame.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    I use both Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher EX interchangeably, and I've not seen that issue on either of the Atrices I've had. The first one "lost" its' internal memory, but never wiped out any pics or music...they were there, but the phone couldn't find them, though it was more about apps than media. The second one has been perfect so far. I have no idea what might be happening, except perhaps you're not unmounting the phone/memory properly before disconnecting from your PC?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads