Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

pictures deleting

This is a discussion on pictures deleting within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Help! The pictures from the camera roll have been deleted twice off the internal storage on my Atrix. The first time I had an external ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

pictures deleting

Help!
    The pictures from the camera roll have been deleted twice off the internal storage on my Atrix. The first time I had an external SD card installed and the second time there was no SD card installed. The pictures are gone from the DCIM file as well as the camera roll. Not sure what I am doing wrong. The camera is set to store on the internal storage of the Atrix. I have a camera widget on my home screen with one of the missing pictures but have no idea where its saved. Is there any way to get these pictures back from the internal storage of the phone? Any help would be appreciated. I have been on the net for hours looking for answers......

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hi and welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear your having this problem; it sounds very frustrating. Just a few questions to start off with...

Before you noticed they were gone both times, had the phone been connected to a PC via USB?

Is your Atrix rooted? If so, how did you root?

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    New to atrix.... What does root??? mean???
    I think that both times the pictures where lost after trying to get them on my computer via usb. Thanks for the welcome. NOT Rooted.
    Last edited by bump; 05-29-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    If you're not familiar with gaining root access, then you can disregard that question. It's the process of gaining full admin rights to your system files so that you can alter the way the OS functions.

The Android system can be very delicate and temperamental when it comes to mounting the storages, internal storage and microSD card, for file transfer and then disconnecting them.

When you plug your phone in via USB, you should pull the Notification Bar down on the phone and change the USB Mode to Mass Storage. This will mount your storage(s) as drives on your computer. This is the most important part... before unplugging the USB, make sure you Eject the drive(s) from your PC using the Safely Remove Hardware function (If using Windows), then change the USB mode back to None on your phone. Only then is it safe to remove the USB. Not following those steps can result in lost files or possibly a corrupt storage partition.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok so I DID NOT do that both times which means I lost the photos, Is there any way to get these pictures back??? I did try a trial recovery software but it didnt find the ones I wanted. Any advice or is my nephews graduation pictures gone forever.....

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Possibly use the Files file explorer, and look in a folder called LOST.dir on both the microSD and your internal storage. It's possible the files were orphaned in that folder. If not, then I am sorry to say they are probably gone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    did that thanks, any way to get the picture off the widget camera app or is that just a glitch that it shows a deleted picture still... Thanks for your help I learned the hard way to safely remove hardware BEFORE unplugging phone...

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    No problem, sorry there wasn't a better answer for recovering them.

The picture widget, you might try removing the widget and placing it back again, or possibly even uninstalling the app it goes with and reinstall. It's probably a left over thumb that is still in the cache of the widget.

You could also try clearing data or cache of the app by going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > find the app and tap on it then clear cache or clear data.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Photos missing on Atrix

I had a similar issue with photos dissapearing. For me it was everything forward from some time in arround April 30 (some photos from the 30th were there and some were not) including videos and the entire contents of the seperate directory that contains business card images for the CamCard app. Thought it was the SD at first since the phone kept rebooting while checking the SD for errors until I pulled it and temproarilly mounted another card. I am pretty sure the CamCard data was only stored on the internal flash in "bcr/imgs" while I am also fairly confident that the missing photos & videos were on the SD. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bump View Post
    Help!
    The pictures from the camera roll have been deleted twice off the internal storage on my Atrix. The first time I had an external SD card installed and the second time there was no SD card installed. The pictures are gone from the DCIM file as well as the camera roll. Not sure what I am doing wrong. The camera is set to store on the internal storage of the Atrix. I have a camera widget on my home screen with one of the missing pictures but have no idea where its saved. Is there any way to get these pictures back from the internal storage of the phone? Any help would be appreciated. I have been on the net for hours looking for answers......

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

More info

Some additional info. I mounted the phone as USB storage, ran a file recovery program and was able to recover quite a bit of the data (photos and such). All of it was on the internal flash memory. Not exactly a confidence builder for me at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads