Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Any way to restore atrix after a factory reset?

This is a discussion on Any way to restore atrix after a factory reset? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Well im not exactly sure is going on with my phone, but i know that motoblur account dissapeared. Yes, its gone, and trust me, i ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Any way to restore atrix after a factory reset?

Well im not exactly sure is going on with my phone, but i know that motoblur account dissapeared. Yes, its gone, and trust me, i checked....a lot. Either its gone, or its corrupted i mean. Ever since i rooted my phone with ginger break, motoblur seemed to stopped working. I lost all my contact pictures, status updates were gone, and now i cant even add numbers to my contact book! I keep getting this error saying "CANNOT CREATE NEW CONTACT W/O VALID ACCOUNT". My gmail account still works so im not sure. Anyways, i kinda wanna go back to stock just for the heck of it.

I was thinking about factory reseting it, and just signing up for a new motoblur account. But is there any way that i can back up all my apps/setting/documents, then somehow restore it after the reset? Any ideas? I really do want to go back to stock. I think it will fix my situation.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Sorry, aaron, you seem to be having all the bad luck lately.

Since you're rooted, you can use an app like Titanium Backup (I would recommend the full paid version for backing up in batch) to back up all of your apps. Here's the tricky part... it will also backup system data, but since you're having issues I wouldn't recommend backing up and restoring that part.

You can pick up SMSBackup+ from the Market to backup your text messages to Gmail if you need to keep them.

In lieu of TiBU, you could just grab AppBrain and sync your list of apps, so when you log in again after the wipe you can find them all again quickly.

Your docs should all be on your external microSD or on your Internal Storage (or Media area) and will not be wiped by a factory reset/hard reset nor a SBF flash if you wanted to go that far. (But, as you know, WILL get wiped by GingerBreak)

If you still know your MotoBlur account login, you shouldn't have to sign up for a new one, just login in to the same one after the wipe. If you don't remember your login, you can go to https://portal-blur.svcmot.com/blur-web-portal/ and they have a forgot password option.

Just to be sure, though.... if you go to Settings > Accounts, you don't have any Blur account listed?

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads