Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Yahoo Mail Not Retrieving Mail

This is a discussion on Yahoo Mail Not Retrieving Mail within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I have 2 Yahoo accounts on my Moto Atrix, all of a sudden today ONE of them quit retrieving my mail, thus not showing up ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Yahoo Mail Not Retrieving Mail

I have 2 Yahoo accounts on my Moto Atrix, all of a sudden today ONE of them quit retrieving my mail, thus not showing up in my inbox on my phone, I can still access it from a computer. The other Yahoo Mail account I have works fine, downloads emails. I have deleted the problem account, re-added the account. I get an error message every time I try to download emails, called an Authentication Error, then states that I have an incorrect user name or password, when I don't! Went to AT&T today, the associates were stumped and couldn't help me, suggested I back up everything, reset the phone to factory settings and basically start from scratch. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY to fix this?

ALSO today, my SIM card basically quit working, leaving me with only my Facebook Contacts listed in my contacts menu of my phone. I don't know if this is a hardware issue, software issue or what. ANY FEEDBACK OR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I get an error message every time I try to download emails, called an Authentication Error, then states that I have an incorrect user name or password, when I don't!
    Duurrr......... Well, Im assuming since you went to the AT&T store, Im going to assume your not rooted. (Correct me if Im wrong here)
    I'm also going to assume your Wi-Fi is working because well, you get feedback from the mail servers. You have one working e-mail account that works just fine.

The other one is the problem child. You deleted it, but re-inputed the 2nd email account. You can login to your 2nd email account. But you can not download from the 2nd account.
    Then throws up a login and password. Maybe the stock email app your using cant handle 2 accounts from the same service. How about trying to access the 2nd yahoo account
    from a different email app? This isnt really a fix, but more of a workaround.

my SIM card basically quit working, leaving me with only my Facebook Contacts listed in my contacts menu of my phone. I don't know if this is a hardware issue, software issue or what. ANY FEEDBACK OR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!
    I cant say I ever ran across this. Im using a 9 year old sim card. Although, I have read in other places that the sim card is giving them trouble. What they did was they got a new
    one from the carrier store they bought their phone from.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My Yahoo mail is also not downloading mail. It worked fine for 3 months, then yesterday, June 14, all of a sudden it stopped. I am getting the same error messages as the user above. I can still send, but not receive, which is quite perplexing. I called ATT, they didn't know, so they transferred me to Motorola. They couldn't fix it, so they told me to download the Yahoo mail app as a work-around. I did, but I don't like it as much as the direct application that is built into the phone. The phone's version has much more capabilities. If it doesn't get fixed, I may start using my gmail account as my main account. Currently Yahoo is my main account.
    Last edited by dancinggirl529; 06-15-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Yahoo mail not retrieving mail

I really hope someone finds out what's going on, because so far I really like the Atrix.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    That's strange... My e-mail app built into the phone, just pulled my new incoming e-mails just fine...

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I know Yahoo Mail has been "upgrading" their services lately, and they might have changed some POP settings. I was under the impression that they didn't allow POP connections unless you paid for their Premium service. Possibly they cracked down on that and have changed the server settings? Just a thought...

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I may try to contact Yahoo, but I don't know what I would possibly find out, you would think that Motorola would be on top of something as mainstream as this.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Do you have the Yahoo Mail Plus? (paid version) If not, they might have figured out a way to start blocking free account POP access. According to the graphic I just pulled off of their site (attached below), they say they don't allow POP access unless you pay.

Name:  yahoo_mail_plus.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  30.3 KB

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too had this happen last night. I did notice however that it was after doing an update. Anyone else had this happen after an update...and not the gingerbread one.

Ads