Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Phone will not charge unless rebooting while connected to USB

This is a discussion on Phone will not charge unless rebooting while connected to USB within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Okay, loving my new Atrix. BUT. Say, my phone is on 10% battery and i put it on the charger (240v wall socket - USB). ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone will not charge unless rebooting while connected to USB

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Phone will not charge unless rebooting while connected to USB

Okay, loving my new Atrix.

BUT.

Say, my phone is on 10% battery and i put it on the charger (240v wall socket - USB). The phone does not register that it is being charged. In fact, if left for a few hours, will not charge at all.
    - However if i reboot while the phone is on the charger, it works and charges normally till fully charged, then the weird happens..

I leave the phone on the charger until the solid green (charge complete ^.^ ) light comes on, look all normal. So i take it out of the charger and the green light stays on. Odd, me thinks.
    And, as soon as the battery drops below 100%, the battery icon changes to become a 'charging' icon (even though not connected to charger). And then green light goes out.

Any thoughts? I didn't want to root being so new to the android scene but if that's the way to get rid of this weird glitch and MOTOBLUR (who's the fair dinkum knob head who thought of that?), then imma do it.

Thanks for stoppin' by XD

Edit: No matter what the odd behaviour is, rebooting the phone while on or off the charger does resolve the issue, but it's a medic vs doctor argument. You're not treating it, just keeping it going.
    Last edited by Scottish; 06-20-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    The first part happens to me as well sometimes...what i do is i lock the phone then charge it and that works for me. The part about the charge light staying on, i haven't seen before. Its a good idea to power cycle ur phone anyways so ur issue might actually be a helpful one (having to turn it off to charge).

U can get "rid" of Blur with a Launcher app. I use Launcher Pro. Now it does not get rid of Blur (note it was in quotation marks) it however runs over Blur, it looks better, performs better, and in all honesty get with the program and get Launcher Pro...its free lol.

U cant get rid of Blur fully unless u install a custom ROM, which im not sure if it gets rid of it or not. I only had GingerBlur all of 5 minutes so i really cant for sure, but i digress. What u can do however (what i did) is just download Titanium Backup (the paid version) and Freeze all the Blur services so u can stay pretty much Vanilla, and not be in trouble when/if an update comes out.
    Last edited by Damien1592; 06-20-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    That charge issue is very odd, and not one I've seen before. All three combined symptoms add up to a possible defect. If it comes to it do you have an avenue to get the phone replaced? I know you said you bought it outright.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah agreed das8nt.. The only thing is. I only have one phone and the carrier is going to send the atrix away for 'up to 3 weeks' while they assess the phone for defects.

Thanks damien for the advice, launcher pro is sick. Although i'm spewin' cuz to resize apps you need to buy the full version. Why would you do that! >_<
    I'm in the habit of power cycling my phone/ipod/computer once a week. The computer sometimes twice.

Yeah i'll go down town on my friday off and chat with the lovely, ever helpful staff at the phone dealer.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Would like to point out, that you should remove the Widgets off the Blur screens before you switch to a different launcher. These Widgets are still using resources even when you are using a different launcher.

Sent from my moto Atrix using Tapatalk!
    Magic is real -- unless declared integer.
    - sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, not meaning to revive. But this is the place to update. Took my phone in today, tried to replicate the issue and do you think it would show ANY of the symptoms? Nope.

I hate technology. lol. I'm going to try again tomorrow. Charge the phone tonight and take it down tomorrow. It seems to only do it when it's nearly full battery.

- New glitch, turning the phone off causes the phone to power down and then re-boot. >_<

All these issues are, of course software related. I just wish there was a way you could do an 'iphone' like restore. That is, wipe everything including bios/firmware and then reinstall from the ground up.

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    There is a factory reset option for the phone....

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PS52 View Post
    There is a factory reset option for the phone....
    Yep, and you can also use RSDlite and your Telstra SBF file to flash the firmware back to retail/stock.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Factory reset changes settings back to stock and deleted user data. Its not going to fix corrupt system files.And i did do a factory reset, didn't do anything. Took the phone in today, they said theyd have it back to me in 3 weeks... So they gave me a loan phone right? A htc windows thingy. I hated it so much i bought a sony erricsson cedar. Not a bad phone for the price ^.^I would have tried reflashing the firmware if i got on the foruns this morning and read that.. ffsIpod touches suck to type on compared to the atrix.Sent from my iPod touch.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Factory reset changes settings back to stock and deleted user data. Its not going to fix corrupt system files.And i did do a factory reset, didn't do anything. Took the phone in today, they said theyd have it back to me in 3 weeks... So they gave me a loan phone right? A htc windows thingy. I hated it so much i bought a sony erricsson cedar. Not a bad phone for the price ^.^I would have tried reflashing the firmware if i got on the foruns this morning and read that.. ffsIpod touches suck to type on compared to the atrix.Sent from my iPod touch.
    Sorry to hear we didn't catch you in time. Here's hoping it comes back in perfect working order.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads