Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Skype mic input audio distorted on Atrix

This is a discussion on Skype mic input audio distorted on Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; this is the post taken on other atrix forum - it happens to me too: Noticed the skype app runs ok, but doesn't like the ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Skype mic input audio distorted on Atrix

this is the post taken on other atrix forum - it happens to me too:

Noticed the skype app runs ok, but doesn't like the microphone input, sounds overdriven and noisy, unusable. I have all EQ and noise reduction setting off.

This was in a quiet environment.

Hope its just a minor tweak needed, the test call receive audio was excellent.

Anyone who can help me ?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep, happens to me too. I am testing, but it does not look too good. If I get a fix or find something out, I'll post it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Mine doesn't work either. The same for Tango. I hope there is a fix or something soon.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    YM has mic problems as well

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My Mic doesnt work at all for Video chat and on Tango It doesnt even open on the Atrix. On my Inspire I at least get video but no voice either.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My Skype wont work either. i researched something about turning noise cancellation off but doesn't seem to solve the distorted noise on Skype. any post for solutions is welcoming

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sounds kind of suspcious to me, wouldn't you think a smart bunch of fellas like Moto engineers would have checked that, hmmm?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I need skype bad, any new about the fix?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Guys 2 weeks ago I bought Atrix. The seller in ATT store told me that I could install skype however when I come home I downloaded it and it did not work properly. I had the same problems you describe here on the forum. Then I uninstalled it and never could install it back again. I sent an email to motorola about not being able to install it on my Atrix and the response that they gave me "Skype won't work on Atrix until the next update" and they have not given a date for it. So do not try to install Skype it won't work unless some hackers can make it work. Although I liked the phone, I returned it because my old Iphone 3g does everything I needed. Android needs to improve itself more to be able to do what Iphone does.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Welcome, and good-bye, yuksel. I'm sorry you had the experience you did. There are many apps that need to be updated to work properly with the dual-core processor in the Atrix...it's ground breaking technology, after all. Android works fine, to be honest. It's just that this level of hardware has not been available before. Tango video chat has already been updated to work on the Atrix, and the other app developers will at their own pace. Putting down the Atrix, or Android in general, is a mistake, IMHO.

Remove Ads

Ads