Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Email (Hotmail) deleting help needed...

This is a discussion on Email (Hotmail) deleting help needed... within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello, I just purchased an Atrix 4G this morning and so far I love everyting about it, except one irratation. When I have new Hotmail ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Email (Hotmail) deleting help needed...

Hello,

I just purchased an Atrix 4G this morning and so far I love everyting about it, except one irratation.

When I have new Hotmail emails come in and I read them on my Atrix, I can't delete them (correct)? because if I delete
    them from the Atrix it will also delete them from my www.hotmail.com inbox, correct?

What would be ideal, if it is possible.... I want to do most all of my emailing/sending/etc. of hotmail on my new laptop. I would like to be able to get emails and
    send emails from the Atrix (which works fine now) but I want to be able to remove (delete) emails from my Atrix, and have them still stay on my hotmail.com inbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

as a side note, I come from a Blackberry, and they always gave me the option of deleting from the handheld only, or deleting from the mailbox and handheld. I very much liked that feature.

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    I use Yahoo, but I'm sure Hotmail is similar. Your Atrix syncs with your Hotmail account. So, if you delete an E-Mail from your phone then it will also delete it from your Hotmail account when it Syncs again. Same thing happens in reverse. When you delete an E-Mail from your Laptop, it will get deleted on your Atrix after the next time it syncs.

If you get a new mail on your Atrix and you want to view it on your laptop later, then just don't delete it yet. When you are done with it you may delete it from your laptop if wish and it will be deleted from your Atrix(after it syncs). Try it. Once you get used to it, it's actually easier than deleting everything twice. Hope this helps.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

Thanks for responding. When does it do the "syncing"?

again thanks

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    There may be a setting in the Hotmail app for auto syncing.

'Check Mail' in other E-Mail apps also sync the inbox. May also work in Hotmail.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    ROCer right, there should be a setting for syncing.

Syncing is basically be sure that both the atrix and the online account is connected and syncronized.
    Per Wikipedia.... Synchronization is timekeeping which requires the coordination of events to operate a system in unison. The familiar conductor of an orchestra serves to keep the orchestra in time. Systems operating with all their parts in synchrony are said to besynchronous or in sync.

If you turn off the "syncronization" feature, when you delete the email from the atrix, it should not delete the email from the account.
    For example in google mail (gmail), you can turn the syncing off and on under the settings > accounts > "name of your account@gmail.com"

I would be a little surprised if hotmail didnt have this feature.

- U

Member #
    Twitter
    BMeddings
    Liked
    0 times

Help Deleting from Both Locations at once.

I just recently bought the Motorola Atrix and having problems with the generic email feature on the phone. I want them to actually delete from my Hotmail inbox, but cannot figure out the settings. For the inboxes to 'sync', do I need to be on wi-fi or can it work over cell coverage? Basically, I want the email to be deleted from my inbox when deleted from my Atrix. Hopefully, I make sense.

I just regained my soul back from Apple by buying a Droid based phone. Hence why I am used to the emails being automatically deleted when deleted from phone.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    There is a tutorial on a website bellow on how to active sinc Hotmail but I'm afraid the Atrix does not support it. At least to my knowledge.

http://www.thesearethedroids.com/201...-with-android/

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Ok, so after looking around for a solution I think I have a work around that works pretty good and will delete the emails as soon as you delete them on your mobile device. All you have to do is go to a PC and add your Hotmail account to your Gmail account. It also has setting for you to respond to your emails with the same address the email was sent to you. This will also work with whatever email account you have. No extra apps just your native Gmail app.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    NickPellitteri
    Liked
    28 times
    A simple solution would be to switch to gmail. Much faster, safer, prettier to look at. I switched to gmail as soon as I got my atrix and loving it ever since!

Sent from my Rooted Stock Atrix.

Member #
    Twitter
    BMeddings
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys; I figured it out. I found a setting that was initially turned off. It works perfectly now.

Remove Ads

Ads