Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

complete droid noob incoming...

This is a discussion on complete droid noob incoming... within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; lets hope it works! i did all of the above. charged the phone to full and disconnected it from the charger about an hour ago. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    lets hope it works! i did all of the above. charged the phone to full and disconnected it from the charger about an hour ago. I shall post the results

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've seen task manager but didn't use it to set anything, but you guys recommend to?

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    I don't...more often than not, Android manages apps just fine on it's own. Task managers can often cause more problems than they solve.

As for the battery, it often seems to take several charge/discharge cycles for them to reach a "normal" performance level. I'd say to give it a little time.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    hopefully thats the case. its just a little odd of how inconsistent it is. I've read about people who started messing with their phone right out of the box, without changing battery to maximized settings, etc and still getting more almost a whole work day.

after changing my battery to maximize, it definitely lasts longer. its just sad that other people dont seem to need to do it that way to get optimal battery life while i need to constant work with the lowest settings.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I might not know what I am talking about here, but for those like me coming from an iPhone without multi-tasking, we are used to hitting the Home button to close an app. With a real OS like this, that doesn't close the app. It still runs in the background most of the time I think. If you guys are doing this, you may be running lots of apps that you are not aware of. I noticed myself doing this alot at first. Now, I always check the menu button for a close/exit when I am done.

Like I said, I may not know what I am talking about as I have been using Android for all of 2 days now. I know people on here will though.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree... I so miss my idiot proff iphone

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    i just miss the iphones battery and camera. pictures taken with the atrix just cant compete with the iphones.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    We can take that blasphemy some where else!!!

haha, no you're right, battery is because this phone is a beast, and needs the extra juice. The screen probably is taking a good amount of power.

Pictures on the other hand, I'm not too impressed with the pictures. I've had a couple good ones in natural light. But low lighting or inside seems weird, colors are definitely distorted. I wonder if it's just a poor sensor choice for the camera.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoherty09 View Post
    I might not know what I am talking about here, but for those like me coming from an iPhone without multi-tasking, we are used to hitting the Home button to close an app. With a real OS like this, that doesn't close the app. It still runs in the background most of the time I think. If you guys are doing this, you may be running lots of apps that you are not aware of. I noticed myself doing this alot at first. Now, I always check the menu button for a close/exit when I am done.

Like I said, I may not know what I am talking about as I have been using Android for all of 2 days now. I know people on here will though.
    The apps that are not needed for a current function are paused and saved in the background. The OS would then close apps as memory was needed for newly opened apps to run. Some apps do continue to run in the background if they are 'needed' for something your phone is trying to accomplish (like widget updates, downloading updates, etc.) The new task manager included lets you decide which apps you don't need if the screen times out. I believe they included this since everyone was installing one anyway, and most of the third party task killers were just too forceful in the way they killed an app. With the amount of RAM this phone has you shouldn't need to close apps to free up memory, but ending them to help save on battery might be worth it sometimes.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    i get that the phone is powerful and needs the juice...but you notice that the others are getting good battery life Monsta? It seems like you and I are the ones that are having bad luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads