Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[How To] Motorola Atrix Hard Reset

This is a discussion on [How To] Motorola Atrix Hard Reset within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; To perform an External Manual Reset of your handset to restore to factory settings, read instructions below and then perform. 1.Power off the phone, press ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [How To] Motorola Atrix Hard Reset

Administrator
    Member #
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Liked
    33 times

[How To] Motorola Atrix Hard Reset

To perform an External Manual Reset of your handset to restore to factory settings, read instructions below and then perform.

1.Power off the phone, press and hold volume down button, press power button.
    2.Screen will come up with "Fastboot", press Vol down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", press Vol up key
    3.Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then release the volume down button
    *4.Tap on bottom right corner of the screen (may take a few times). a menu will come up
    5.Tap on "wipe data/factory reset", and press OK. Another Confirmation screen will come. Press Yes and OK
    6.After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Press OK.
    7.Phone will reboot to initial setup MOTOBLUR screen.

Credit - rev12

Edit (das8nt): *If on Android 2.3.4/2.3.6 then replace step #4 with pressing both Volume buttons at the same time. Also, use the Power button to activate the highlighted option instead of looking for the OK.
    Last edited by das8nt; 02-22-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    oxphatxo and amilkh like this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there are rest if you mess with a setting then the phone will return to its original state or if your phone was unlocked then it will go back to previous ?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks for posting this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Good to know, thank you!

Sent from my Atrix with Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having a major issue. My phone was at about 60% charge when I plugged it into the wall and went to bed. I woke up, unplugged the phone and tried to turn the screen on and nothing. I have tried removing the battery, waiting 10 minutes, replacing it, and nothing. I have tried the procedure for a factory reset (vol down, power on) and nothing. The green led comes on when I plug it into the wall or computer. WTF is going on?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Green light flashing, no screen

I have the same problem, i tryed the volume power rest but the green light flashes on and off. My phone was at 5% and i pluged it in and now it is messed up. I tryed taking out the battery, holding down power button. If you know how to fix this plz post.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hi and welcome to the forums!

This does happen for different reasons, but the remedy is usually nearly the same.

1. Make sure you're using the original Motorola wall charger and plug in the phone to it an the wall. (the USB charger connected to a PC will not work for this)

2. If the above doesn't wake the phone, as odd as it sounds, try unplugging the adapter from the wall and flipping it over and plugging it back in.

3. If this still does not wake the phone, try plugging it into the USB charger to the PC, and very quickly, while the green LED is lit, swap it over to the wall charger.

4. If none of the above work, you might have a defective wall adapter. Try to visit a retail location and see if they will let you use another OEM Motorola charge to see if it works. OR, if you happen to have another charger lying around, even if not OEM, you could try that first as well.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

jmd
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello , My Atrix is acting "funny" real hot and burns thourgh the battery quickly, I have been reading on hear and would like to start with a master rest.One of questions are will I losse all my files and pictures ect.This is my first smart phone and unfortunatly it seems more work than it is worth to use it. Im sure it has a great deal to do with my lack of understanding.Hope to learn more ... thanks JMD

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    Hello , My Atrix is acting "funny" real hot and burns thourgh the battery quickly, I have been reading on hear and would like to start with a master rest.One of questions are will I losse all my files and pictures ect.This is my first smart phone and unfortunatly it seems more work than it is worth to use it. Im sure it has a great deal to do with my lack of understanding.Hope to learn more ... thanks JMD
    If you hard reset only, then anything on your microSD card or internal media storage area (10+ GB area) will not be effected. Expect to lose all apps and user settings. Make sure your Contacts are synced to Google and they will auto sync when you log in again after reset. You can also use AppBrain to sync your app list and then log in afterwards to quickly have links to reinstall all of your apps.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2005 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    If you hard reset only, then anything on your microSD card or internal media storage area (10+ GB area) will not be effected. Expect to lose all apps and user settings. Make sure your Contacts are synced to Google and they will auto sync when you log in again after reset. You can also use AppBrain to sync your app list and then log in afterwards to quickly have links to reinstall all of your apps.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk
    Shouldn't the market remember at least the *paid* apps? On my other android phones, it always remembers (and restores) the paid apps and sometimes remembers the free ones as awell.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads