Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Won't turn On

This is a discussion on Won't turn On within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Chunli, that is IT! Although I had plugged it in this morning, apparently the battery needed to be removed before it would even start charging. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Won't turn On

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Chunli, that is IT! Although I had plugged it in this morning, apparently the battery needed to be removed before it would even start charging. SO, the phone/battery, on standby, completely discharged overnight. Anyhow, it's now charging again. If battery discharge is an issue, I think I'll get an extra battery and keep it charged.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    glad you figured it out. the battery life is still a bit consistent from user reviews so we'll see how it does. the phone itself is awesome and i absolutely love it so if i have to carry around an extra battery then so be it. but then again...i always have a charger with me, so i guess i'm covered either way.

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    Glad you got it!!! Now on to learning about the phone!!!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Sorry I'm late to the party... but Hi, Bishi, and welcome to the forums!

Man... I gotta do something about this having to work all of the time, I'm missing all of the action and the great new members...

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bleh, I just had the same problem, I've had the atrix since Monday. I got home from work, tossed the Atrix on my desk, did my daily stuff, came back ~3 hours later and found it won't turn on. I can't remember where the battery was at when I got home so I figured it was just drained. It's been charging for ~40 minutes now and is still unresponsive. Pressing the power button results in the green light turning on for a few seconds and going right back off. I removed/reinstalled the battery about 20 minutes ago with no change. I work nights so I'm about to go to sleep with it still charging, here's hoping it turns on when I wake up!

(edit) Right before I decided to lay down I had a hunch... My computer is right next to my desk, but a wall socket is too far away for the Motorola cable to reach, so I just plugged the phone into a USB socket on my computer for charging. I decided to just use the wall adapter since it wasn't working anyway. Immediatley the phone 'came on' and flashed a 0% battery screen. Lesson learned, try a wall socket earlier.
    Last edited by Razvy; 02-25-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Good to hear. I wonder why it's doing that.

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    well i talked to ATT tech AND my ATT corp store here and they both said that the battery issue is becoming more and more known. YAY! i'm not alone! i guess quite a few people have already swapped their batteries out for new ones. i'm going to get mine switched this weekend so i hope that solves the battery issue.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chunli View Post
    well i talked to ATT tech AND my ATT corp store here and they both said that the battery issue is becoming more and more known. YAY! i'm not alone! i guess quite a few people have already swapped their batteries out for new ones. i'm going to get mine switched this weekend so i hope that solves the battery issue.

Guess I'll do the same, hopefully it'll do better

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    ill definitely let ya know after i get the new one. i'm really hoping it'll be drastically better.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    So I found this thread after running my Atrix battery completely dead. I did it on purpose to see what happened whilst in the comfort of home and not on the road. To my surprise it wouldn't turn back on. The same symptoms described above: hold the button, green light comes on a few seconds and turns off. Hard reset and removing battery didn't have any affect. Charging through the USB on my laptop didn't seem to have enough juice to get it going. Using the wall adapter started it right up, just like Razvy found. I'll charge it fully overnight on the AC adapter and run it all the way down again and see what happens.

Ads