Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Outgoing Email Problem

This is a discussion on Outgoing Email Problem within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I have tried and tried (even with AT&T Tech support) to get my standard POP3 / SMTP email accounts to operate properly. These accounts are ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Outgoing Email Problem

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Outgoing Email Problem

I have tried and tried (even with AT&T Tech support) to get my standard POP3 / SMTP email accounts to operate properly.

These accounts are my standard email accounts provided by my ISP. They have been working for years on various iPhones without any troubles.

When I provide the proper server names, usernames, and passwords for each of the accounts, I CAN receive emails. However, when I send an email, I get a notification back stating that the email could not be sent, Authentication Error Sending.

The folks at AT&T had me try changing the outgoing SMTP server to CWMX.com. When trying to send emails using that server, it would just sit in the Outbox for about 30 seconds and then pop up a notifcation saying the meail could not be sent without any specific reason.

To top it all off, I was able to successfully set up an Exchange Server account. It was able to send and receive emails without any problem. That was a big surprise since I would normally have more troubles with an Exchange Server then a plain old POP3/SMTP.

Any ideas?? AT&T does not even have any Atrix phones in tech support to try and test with.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Well I see "authentication" so I'm just gonna guess, have you tried messing with the SSL setting for the outgoing server?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had the same issue with outgoing. Deleted the account twice. I called ATT and they gave me the same answers. Go to your account, In Incoming server make sure the "pop mail server" is selected on the very top. After i changed it to pop it worked. Good Luck

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prscarp View Post
    Well I see "authentication" so I'm just gonna guess, have you tried messing with the SSL setting for the outgoing server?
    I tried the SSL and Certificate together and seperate to no avail.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotheat View Post
    Had the same issue with outgoing. Deleted the account twice. I called ATT and they gave me the same answers. Go to your account, In Incoming server make sure the "pop mail server" is selected on the very top. After i changed it to pop it worked. Good Luck
    I did check several times, the incoming is POP3 and the ougoing is SMTP. I have removed the accounts sevral times and even reset the entire phone, still not working.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did get a couple callbacks from pretty high level tech support folks at AT&T yesterday and today, but they still do not have the same phone. However, they did recreate the problem on another Motorola Android based phone. THey tried the same settings on an iPhone and it worked perfect. They contacted my ISP as well to verify the settings. Motorola tech support was brought in yesterday afternoon and was unable to figure anything out either. It is now being escalated within Motorola.
    thoughttrans likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i wish i could send a screen shot,,, but on the top of the incoming server in gray area you can select either pop mail server or imap mail server, is this hat you are talking about as far as selecting pop3?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotheat View Post
    i wish i could send a screen shot,,, but on the top of the incoming server in gray area you can select either pop mail server or imap mail server, is this hat you are talking about as far as selecting pop3?
    Yes, on the incoming in the gray box it says 'POP mail server'. If you press the arrow on the right it opens another window and allows you to select POP or IMAP.

On the outgoing, you don't have the same gray box, but just abpve the server setting, it does say SMTP server, which should be correct for the outbound server.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im having the same problem. Receiving is ok but cannot send. Did you get your problem fixed?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had the same problem with my yahoo account only. So i downloaded the yahoo app and problem solved. Just could not figure out why it was not working on sending emails. My gmail has no issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads