Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need help with music please

This is a discussion on Need help with music please within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi guys, i'm fairly new to android, coming from iOS for so long and i love my new Atrix. I have one small problem though ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need help with music please

Hi guys, i'm fairly new to android, coming from iOS for so long and i love my new Atrix.
    I have one small problem though and it's apparent with both the stock music player and MixZing music player.
    I can be playing music through either app and randomly it'll just stop playing the music yet the play icon will still be showing on the status panel on the top of the phone and if i pause the song by reopening the app and start it again it starts playing from the beginning.
    I'm gonna try another music player and also i have deleted all the music from my 32GB sandisk card and copied it all back on again this time using a card reader instead of connecting through the phone.
    Does anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem might be apart from those two possible fixes i'm trying???

Thanks

Pred

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    Welcome to AtrixForums! I also have a 32gb card in my phone, but I haven't experienced this issue myself. I only use the stock music player, so I can't comment on the other one. If I come up with anything in my interwebs travel, I'll post it here.

Good Luck!
    iPhone -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> Atrix.

Anyone looking for a like new Panasonic ToughBook laptop?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, thanks

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    I'm having that same problem as well. Playing music through my headphones while at the gym(because I need the exercise) about a minute after the screen blanks, the music stops. Happens on both the stock music player and WinAmp. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Honestly, I think it's faulty craftsmanship because it happens to a lot of people, myself included.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Found the solution in XDA Devolopment- Music Player Apparently Stops Playing in post #6.

Launch 'Task Manager' and removed the 'Gallery' App from the 'Auto-End List'. Also make sure your music player isn't in the Auto-End List as well.

Apparently the Gallery App has something to do with the Music Players. Been working great ever since I did this.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCer View Post
    Found the solution in XDA Devolopment- Music Player Apparently Stops Playing in post #6.

Launch 'Task Manager' and removed the 'Gallery' App from the 'Auto-End List'. Also make sure your music player isn't in the Auto-End List as well.

Apparently the Gallery App has something to do with the Music Players. Been working great ever since I did this.
    yup that fixed it for me.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I don't have gallery in my auto end list(or the music OF COURSE), so I can't find a fix. Pretty annoying.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I followed the steps from ROCer however that did not correct the problem for me. I think ROCer's solution may be missing 1 or two additional steps.

In addition to those steps, also remove "Files" and "Purchased Media" from the Auto-end list. I dont know if it is speciffically one or the other (because I am lazy and didn't want to do more experimentation) but the combination of the two worked for me. Problem solved!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Sweet! Nice first post! I'll have to give that a shot! Welcome to the forums.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads