Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Home Key not working

This is a discussion on Home Key not working within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; The home key on my Atrix is not working. It vibrates but does not return me to the home screen. I have to use the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Home Key not working

The home key on my Atrix is not working.

It vibrates but does not return me to the home screen. I have to use the go back key to back my way out of the browser pages I have viewed.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Hey, I was having the same problem with my home key not working for like 2 days when I first receiving my phone. I'm not sure what I did, but all of the sudden it started working and I haven't had a problem since. Maybe try rebooting the phone a couple times? Also, try using the home button while on the home screen. When you press it while already on the home screen, you should get a new screen that shows all of your desktops at the same time.

I still don't know what I did to get my button to work. It started working before I rooted my phone, so I don't know. I posted about this here, because I wasn't sure if the home button was supposed to work like normal.... if you figure out what fixes it, please post up!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Both the home and search buttons didn't work for me at first, but all it took was one reboot and they've worked fine since.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The reboot worked. The home button has worked all day without any issues.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem when I first bought atrix today and started exploring the features of atrix. I confirm the solution mentioned by couple of folks here. ie "restart Atrix phone to make the home and search keys on phone to work". Looks like a typical Windows OS nature, but never mind after all Android is another software. I am sure it will get better."

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nondroider View Post
    I had the same problem when I first bought atrix today and started exploring the features of atrix. I confirm the solution mentioned by couple of folks here. ie "restart Atrix phone to make the home and search keys on phone to work". Looks like a typical Windows OS nature, but never mind after all Android is another software. I am sure it will get better."
    Great to hear you got it working! Welcome to the forums and the Atrix!

Edit: just noticed and moved this to Help section.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk
    Last edited by das8nt; 04-17-2011 at 02:43 PM.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Just to share my experience, I've had the same problem. I found out that if you disable the lockscreen it tends to happen. If it does happen just enable the lockscreen again and it will work. I have no idea why it does this though :/

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prscarp View Post
    Just to share my experience, I've had the same problem. I found out that if you disable the lockscreen it tends to happen. If it does happen just enable the lockscreen again and it will work. I have no idea why it does this though :/
    prscarp is exactly correct - I had the same issue where pressing the home button would vibrate the device (it also makes the audible click if you have that option selected) - the screen blinks momentarily, but it doesn't change back to the home screen. Pushing the Home button from the Home screen has the same effect - doesn't change the screen to the other "multi-page" home view. I went into the Security options, changed them to none, then changed them back and the home buttom functions again. The reboot also solves the issue, but for me, that was always only a temporary fix and it would do the same thing again, sometimes not for an hour, other times within a few minutes. Now that I'm writing this, I never had this happen until I enabled the unlock sound along with the vibrate. If others are having this same issue and the unlock click sound is enabled, we may want to try turning that off - I'm going to try this for a few days myself and will report back, as the home screen issues is a fairly common occurrence for me now.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Petza914 View Post
    If others are having this same issue and the unlock click sound is enabled, we may want to try turning that off
    I seem to be having this issue, and though I don't have any sound associated with my unlock screen, it is DEFINITELY related to the lock screen being enabled/disabled. I have Tasker set up to disable the lockscreen whenever my phone is connected to my home wifi (wonderfully convenient). It had been working without issue for several weeks, but today the home and search buttons stopped working as described by other users. Rebooting didn't seem to fix the issue, but disabling the Tasker profile that controlled my lockscreen fixed it immediately.

...Another example of the wonkiness that makes Android feel like it was made by (and for) amateurs. Not an apple fanboy but there does seem to be something to well thought-out devices, instead of being stuck with handset hustlers pushing rushed, buggy, and poorly supported devices. Can't wait til the bootloader gets cracked.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    In doing some further experimentation, it looks like my Atrix only gets stuck with an inoperable home screen button when the fingerprint reader security device is enabled. I switched back to a security pattern about 3 days ago and haven't had the issue since. I'd be interested to find out if others that are having this issue are using the Fingerprint reader or not. Hope that helps some others out as it's a very frustrating issue requiring a reboot (at least for mine) to correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads