Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

anyone know what the burstlyImageCache folder is about?

This is a discussion on anyone know what the burstlyImageCache folder is about? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Originally Posted by z-factor Nope. I have adfree as well and it didn't touch that directory (burstlyImageCache). Whenever I'd delete it, it would just return ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: anyone know what the burstlyImageCache folder is about?

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by z-factor View Post
    Nope. I have adfree as well and it didn't touch that directory (burstlyImageCache). Whenever I'd delete it, it would just return as soon as I fired up a session of angry birds. And I've been updating adfree on a daily basis. It's interesting that you don't see the folder anywhere though. I think adfree just filters connections from the IPs in its hosts list. I don't think it can keep an app from creating and maintaining its own local ad folder and data. At least that's my understanding. Maybe my version of angry birds is newer than yours or something. Kinda weird.
    Actually, I just have Rio. maybe that is the issue?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scarth View Post
    Actually, I just have Rio. maybe that is the issue?
    Yeah that sounds more like it. I also have Rio but its the plain Angry Birds version which I also have that's been creating that folder. No more though.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The Answer

It is and icon image deceptor . It is full of deception icons icons that are used to keep used to trick the android user into thinking he got rid of the real icons. I am talking about the image icons that games and stuff use in your folders......use the androZipfrom the market and you can extract and opn the files and delete them. Go through everything and you might be surpised how many unnec essary things are stored there. Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilesoftresource
    Last edited by nalomo; 02-01-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Removed derogatory verbiage.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    angry birds is not the only game using these storage folders. There is also a burstlyVideoCache folder that can show up. I don't know why everbody is so worried, as these folders are relatively tiny, in the overall spectrum of app storage files. I have AndrozipPro(love it) too, but it can only do so much(it's simply an internal explorer), app control wise(basically nothing). I'm not exactly sure what the burstly's store, but if you wanna ditch the ads/updates etc, I've found that a rooted phone, along with a solid system tweak app(I'm currently using SystemTunerPro), will enable you to not only uninstall useless system apps(google calendar, for instance), but will also enable you to go into each app individually and shut down non-crucial app services(i.e. start on boot, widget update, etc.). These "tuners" also give the admin the option to completely freeze an app altogether, and give true, real-time info, as to what app, is using how much processor, for how long, and at what time, etc. I'm trying to compile a list of services to safely eliminate without hurting necessary system operation apps, but it is turning into a slow process.
    ""From my cold, dead hands!"

Ads