Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Problems with gingerbread 2.3.4

This is a discussion on Problems with gingerbread 2.3.4 within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Ever since I have upgraded to gingerbread I have been having some problems. The first problem is the GPS seems to be having problems that ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By davidvignes
  • 1 Post By maybejim

Thread: Problems with gingerbread 2.3.4

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Problems with gingerbread 2.3.4

Ever since I have upgraded to gingerbread I have been having some problems. The first problem is the GPS seems to be having problems that I never had. In google maps, it finds my phone but the accuracy is about a mile, in the same places it worked before and in the open clear view of the sky. And in my speedometer app it doesn't read any gps signal at all (UlysseSpeedometer).

The other problem that I am having is with the music player. I think they tried to put to much stuff into one app. But the real problem is when I use the car dock. When I open the app I cannot find a way to access new music. And if I play a song in the music app, then dock the phone when I hit next it only repeats that same song saying that its the only song in the playlist, and what is the point of having a playlist that only has the songs I have already listened too. And if its a playlist issue, the album should at least be bundled with that song to play all at once.

Also the playlist generator does not work at all. (I am using a SD card with mp3 saved directly from my computer.) No matter what song I use or how many similar songs that I have it says "Not enough similar songs to generate a playlist."

Anyway these are all things that could be awesome but are not working or have gotten worse with an update. And I am not a noob with phones, and am a little annoyed that even if there is a way I am not trying to get them to work, that it takes that much effort to get what was already working to work...

Well I would appreciate some help, and I am curious if other people are having the same problems.
    riverlynx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm having a problem with the GPS on My Tracks. It takes a long time to link up and doesn't give the same results as before the upgrade. I've been thinking of trying to find another program but it might be the os and we might have to wait for a fix on the programs.
    riverlynx likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    You guys should probably ask those questions in the Atrix Support Forum - you'll get a quicker response over there. I'm not a tech person, so I can't really offer much in the way of solutions since my GPS doesn't cause me any problems and I've never used the music player on my Atrix.

Sorry!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Moved to help.

sent from my 2.3.4 atrix

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    There is a my tracks update. For some reason it doesn't prompt you that there is an update. i searched my trackes and it said there was an update and mine has been working fine since.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My Atrix just upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.4; and while it seems mostly great, the GPS function has been wasted! The GPS capability is one of the main reasons that I got the Atrix. I use daily GPS Essentials; Google -- Maps, Earth, my Tracks, Navigation, they used to work just fine and very accurately, the GPS Essentials has one screen that shows the individual Satellites as they become visable and then show when they actually connect for the FIX. My home base in in Astoria Oregon.

Now Google maps show my location as Tennessee!! The very few Satellites that show up in GPS Essentials never connect for the FIX. This occured as soon as the update finished, and I've tried removing the battery, rebooting, all to no avail!

WTF? Please someone tell me of a fix for this. I mean that I'd prefer the old 2.2.2 to this, can I go back to the old? is there a known FIX for this? Otherwise I'll have to give up the Atrix and I just Love it otherwise.

Please HELP.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davidvignes View Post
    The other problem that I am having is with the music player. I think they tried to put to much stuff into one app. But the real problem is when I use the car dock. When I open the app I cannot find a way to access new music. And if I play a song in the music app, then dock the phone when I hit next it only repeats that same song saying that its the only song in the playlist, and what is the point of having a playlist that only has the songs I have already listened too. And if its a playlist issue, the album should at least be bundled with that song to play all at once.
    Are you referring to the music player controls in the car dock? If so, there is no way to select what music to play from that interface. If you hit the play button without anything currently playing, it turns on what used to be called global shuffle (or party shuffle) and now just says shuffle all. The trick is to select you album/albums/playlist from the player prior to docking it. Then the controls in car dock work as expected. What I did prior to using Google Music Beta as my primary player was to add the built-in music app as one of the shortcuts in the car dock. That way I could select my music/playlists quickly from the dock.
    Hiram

Remove Ads

Ads