Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Random Shutdowns in Sleep Mode - Atrix 4G

This is a discussion on Random Shutdowns in Sleep Mode - Atrix 4G within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi everyone. New guy here. Long term iPhone user converted to Android. I had bought an Infuse 4G but had some odd problems with it ...

Member #
    Twitter
    VArterJr
    Liked
    0 times

Random Shutdowns in Sleep Mode - Atrix 4G

Hi everyone. New guy here. Long term iPhone user converted to Android. I had bought an Infuse 4G but had some odd problems with it locking up and having to remove battery plus it seemed slow. So I took it back to Best Buy and got the Atrix after reading great review after great review.

The phone came already loaded with Gingerbread. LOVE IT. I mean LOVE IT. Simple and not bloated like the Samsung.

The only issue is this darn thing keeps shutting down. I mean it isn't a tablet. It is a phone. I need it to be running like my iPhone did. Just because I haven't touched it in a few hours doesn't mean I don't want that call that might come in.

I have read thread upon thread about the Captivate nightmare around this but not much about people having this issue with the Atrix. I wound up clearing the whole thing back to factory tonight and didn't even sync my Google accounts just to see. I had only one app installed that didn't come with the phone (Logos Bible Software). Still seems to be happening.

I really love the phone but it is useless with this problem. Since I've exchanged the Infuse for the Atrix BB won't let me exchange it again I don't think. Has anyone had this or know of a decent solution? I'm using the SIM card from my iPhone because the rep said that is what I should do. Phone makes calls fine and such when it stays awake.

I have also had two random reboots. One was while watching the Motorola initial "help" video and the other just browsing the phone.

Very frustrated and any help would be GREATLY appreciated,

Vince

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Can you not bring it in for a replacement (not a different phone just a new one). j see a lot of hardware problems that spiral downhill.

You also technically should be getting a new "4G" card that no one really knows if it makes a difference but it never hurts to get a new fresh one.

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I'll second the above. If you're having those issues this soon, a replacement is warranted. SIM card as well.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Twitter
    VArterJr
    Liked
    0 times
    So I did exchange it. The one I got was an older one I think. It was new and unopened but it was running 2.2 whereas the first one was already upgraded to 2.3.4. So it ran for like four hours just fine (yeah) ... then while running Maps it rebooted for no apparent reason. So far no shutdowns. I just did the Gingerbread upgrade so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help guys. Fingers crossed. ~ Vince

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Good luck, vince! I hope this one goes better for you.

Posted using Tapatalk on Monsta's sexy Atrix
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Remove Ads

Ads