Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Puzzled: Phone is dead, not responding to wake up call after overnight sleep

This is a discussion on Puzzled: Phone is dead, not responding to wake up call after overnight sleep within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I am new user of the phone with just two days. It is a Atrix with Android 2.3.4 and build 4.5.91. I rooted it immediately, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Puzzled: Phone is dead, not responding to wake up call after overnight sleep

I am new user of the phone with just two days. It is a Atrix with Android 2.3.4 and build 4.5.91.
    I rooted it immediately, so not sure the symptom is related to rooted phone.
    Here is the problem that has happened twice in a row:
    After overnight not used (and not connected to USB). The phone will not wake up, not responding to any button. I tried pushing power button or hold it for a while, but neither actions can wake it up. Tried every other buttons too with the same result. Finally, I took the battery out and inserted it again, phone would finally auto boot up. Battery state indicated about 80% charged after powered up.

More info:
    I found battery is in "Nighttime saver' mode. I had downloaded "battery booster" and was running it when this happened the first time. So I deleted the APP yesterday, but this morning it happened again without "Battery Booster", so they are probably unrelated.

I also tried to place phone into sleep mode. And it will respond to "wake up call" with power button. So the symptom is not it went into sleep or even powered off, because both modes respond to power button.

Thanks,
    Karl

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hi and welcome.

I believe that you might be experiencing the same issue that others have had, and I dont believe it's related to that battery app either.

So, you have been able to get it back on each time?

I'm guessing that it could be related to the battery mode you have it set in. The battery saving profiles have been causing various different issues for a few users.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Remove and reinsert battery is the only way to wake it so far.

I am not aware of anyone that has the same symptom. I did a brief reading of old posts and did not find any yet. Can you point me which post of similar problem reported?

Want to know is it related to rooted?

Karl
    Last edited by karlcchen; 08-13-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    It may not be the same issue, but it sounded similar. If a battery pull alone wakes the phone, then it likely isn't the same.

Here's a few threads I was thinking of:

Atrix Wont Turn On

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/mot...wont-turn.html

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had similar problem with my first 2 Atrix (not sure how your make Atrix plural....). There were multiple times (not just overnight) where the screen would be off and I thought it was dead but charging would not fix the issue. Also I took notice to the green led flashing so it was obviously still on in some way... I also had problems with my Atrix rebooting.... Hence why I am on my third one... Both of them were new out of the box with no mods.. just some apps. So I do not think it is a Rooting issue. Just got my third Atrix today so we will see how this goes.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Take it back to the carrier and get a new one. This should not be happening. JMO.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been having a very similar problem. Phone will be in sleep mode and when I go back to wake it up, nothing. It won't respond to anything. It happens several times a day so far, and I just got the phone Sunday. Today was the best day, it only happened once. The only way to get it back is to take the battery out and power back up. My only thought is it's overheating?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    glad i'm not the only one with this issue. this phone has been a fiasco since i got it three days ago, i thought all the issues were fixed. just got off the phone and the battery light was showing low, but hadn't yet alerted me that 15% life was left. i put it in sleep mode and a half an hour later went to check something and nothing. no lights no power nothing.
    figured the battery was dead. plugged it into the computer (hadn't had it on computer yet, just wall socket)....nothing. no beep, no charge light, still no power. put it on wall socket. same nothing ness. thanks to this forum, i read to pull battery and reinstall and that worked. but this is only one of several issues i've had. i also have noticed mine "rebooting" a few times since i got it three days ago.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Had something very similar happen a couple of days ago. I had the phone in the car dock listening to music on the way to work. When I arrived at work, I removed the phone from the dock and holstered it. I was going to check in on Google+, but the phone wouldn't wake up or turn on. I had to pull the battery. Haven't had any wake issues since the Gingerbread update.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Have had Moto Atrix 4G phone for 3 days. Nothing but headaches with the phone not waking up after protracted period of time of not being used. Anomaly is most noticeable when phone is idle overnight and I attempt to wake the phone next day after I get up. I am using fingerprint reader and backup password feature. Have downloaded and install companionlink software and Dejaoffice/Outlook synch app. Have tried different battery and screen timer settings. Judging from thread I can see others are having similar/same problem.

My device symptoms!

Observed behavior: Atrix phone if idle for 1- 5hrs. "Quick pressing on/off button does not wake the phone. Touch screen does not illuminate when button pushed repeatedly or held for long duration.

Expected behavior: Atrix phone should function as designed and should wake when on/off button is manipulated.

Undesireable Workaround: Removing and re-seating battery temporarily resovles wake-on anomaly. In-frequent manipulation of the phone is required to keep it from dropping into what I assume is hibernation mode.

My question is there anyone on this thread who is using the "Pocket Dialing Protection" feature that is suppose to lock the screen when the phone is placed in one's pocket? Could this be the issue or contribute to the problem..?

Thx. BD1550
    Last edited by BD1550; 08-26-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads