Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Maybe you should add that while processing, the application need around 1.5Gb free on c: drive ! I got an error saying "internal error while ...

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe you should add that while processing, the application need around 1.5Gb free on c: drive !
    I got an error saying "internal error while programming the phone" last night and I figured I had not enough space on my c: drive !!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    Maybe you should add that while processing, the application need around 1.5Gb free on c: drive !
    I got an error saying "internal error while programming the phone" last night and I figured I had not enough space on my c: drive !!
    Great point! I'll try to get that added in when I get back to a PC.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Nice how to!! I never understood RSS so I never even bothered looking into it... let me ask a question... how do you know what version of the OTA software you upgraded to if it has been a long time? I think I was on 2.3.4 before I started Modding my phone, but I am not sure. Would it be safe to say that someone like me who forgot should just download the latest version .sbf file which I believe you said is 2.3.6?? Thanks for the how to, you have helped in so many ways my fingers will get tired if I listed all the reasons!!!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mphill View Post
    Nice how to!! I never understood RSS so I never even bothered looking into it... let me ask a question... how do you know what version of the OTA software you upgraded to if it has been a long time? I think I was on 2.3.4 before I started Modding my phone, but I am not sure. Would it be safe to say that someone like me who forgot should just download the latest version .sbf file which I believe you said is 2.3.6?? Thanks for the how to, you have helped in so many ways my fingers will get tired if I listed all the reasons!!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

I would strongly recommend that if you are going back to stock, and you can't remember where you left off, that you do like you said and just go straight for the latest. In this case it's 2.3.6/4.5.141 for AT&T. There's a chance that you could still install 2.3.4, but there's not much reason to.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Okay, thanks for taking time to reply quickly. One last noob question and I swear I am done... I like flashing custom roms like we all do... I use fastboot to do all my wipes and use cwm to install the roms. So really the only reason you would ever need the .sbf files for your phone would be if yo wanted to revert back to stock or unless you had some really weird problem while flashing a rom?? I thought once you have the recovery installed and made a backup you are pretty much safe from any chance of hard bricking your phone?! It seems from what I have read on this thread and others that most hard bricks come about from users messing with .sbf files and installing versions that don't match their phone, which I don't understand why they would want to mess with .sbf files in the first place unless they needed warranty work done, which Motorola can tell you have unlocked your phone anyways when you send it in or they are selling the phone and want it back to stock. To make a long post short lol, my question is, if you have a backup on your phone with a rom you know works and you run into problems Modding your phone, you should be able to rely on your backup without playing with Motorola .sbf files?

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    And by the way thank you for being nice to beginners like myself. You along with all other senior members and others have made this whole android experience much more enjoyable then some other forums where I just browse and don't reply to anything!

das8nt likes this.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mphill View Post
    Okay, thanks for taking time to reply quickly. One last noob question and I swear I am done... I like flashing custom roms like we all do... I use fastboot to do all my wipes and use cwm to install the roms. So really the only reason you would ever need the .sbf files for your phone would be if yo wanted to revert back to stock or unless you had some really weird problem while flashing a rom?? I thought once you have the recovery installed and made a backup you are pretty much safe from any chance of hard bricking your phone?! It seems from what I have read on this thread and others that most hard bricks come about from users messing with .sbf files and installing versions that don't match their phone, which I don't understand why they would want to mess with .sbf files in the first place unless they needed warranty work done, which Motorola can tell you have unlocked your phone anyways when you send it in or they are selling the phone and want it back to stock. To make a long post short lol, my question is, if you have a backup on your phone with a rom you know works and you run into problems Modding your phone, you should be able to rely on your backup without playing with Motorola .sbf files?

Theoretically, yes. You can and should stay away from RSD unless it's needed. (though, I admit I use it pretty darn often) You can use it to get back to stock to be able to install an OTA update, use it to repair a stock system, or to hide the "unlocked" status on the boot screen.

The only TRUE hard brick we've seen is attempting to flash back from 2.3.4 to 2.2.2 using RSD. Everything else is technically recoverable. Trying to flash a software from another version of the phone won't necessarily brick you, but can fail. It's mainly AT&T phones trying to flash international versions and the other way around.

You can always try to revert to an old nandroid backup, but it's always possible that the root of the cause of your current issues could still be present in that old backup. It's probably better to just wipe and re-install the ROM. Every once in a while a full wipe of everything is just warranted.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Now updated to .141

I was in the situation when my phone was stack on updatin to .141. On load it showed the error android sign.
    If I tried to reboot it - it loaded up and then self-rebooted in couple of min.

Following suggestions I've falshed it with .91 PSB and when it was done, phone updated itself properly to .141.

During One hour everything is fine. knocking on the wood.

Thanks for the info! It saved my Atrix phone!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I was in the situation when my phone was stack on updatin to .141. On load it showed the error android sign.
    If I tried to reboot it - it loaded up and then self-rebooted in couple of min.

Following suggestions I've falshed it with .91 PSB and when it was done, phone updated itself properly to .141.

During One hour everything is fine. knocking on the wood.

Thanks for the info! It saved my Atrix phone!
    Glad to hear it helped!

As a note, you could also flash straight to 4.5.141 if the 4.5.91 gave you issues, but since it didn't, congrats!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Im trying to do this to fix the webtop on my phone but this link Atrix Firmwares Superthread (Official Firmware Team of M3) - xda-developers is not letting me download the file I need, I need the first file that is on that list which is for my 4.5.91 and 2.3.4. Atrix. I also see that theres a link 01/27/2012: TEMP Link - AT&T 4.5.91 - 2.3.4 Service SBF (links are temporarily down at XDA): http://www.4shared.com/archive/viniGE9x/1FF-olympus-user-234-4591-1106.html is this the one I should download, just making sure it is.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads