Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; First of all, all hail to das8nt! If it weren't for this post, I'd really be in a bad way right now. I just had ...

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Process saved my Brick

First of all, all hail to das8nt! If it weren't for this post, I'd really be in a bad way right now. I just had to use this procedure to flash my device back to life as a last resort. I rooted it yesterday and had downloaded ROM Toolbox Pro 4.5.5 to make some subtle changes. One or more of them bricked my phone and I nearly fainted. (BTW, I am 2.3.6/4.5.141) I used a link in the forum to download the .sbf file, but when I tried to flash it with RSDLite, it failed twice. Then I used the link das8nt provided and it finally worked!

I'm not done testing yet, but so far I think my speakerphone and USB charging are AFU. Not a big deal I guess if the device is functional. Being a newbie myself, I don't know what caused the problem. I just know I'm glad there was already an answer for it. I guess I'll settle for straight stock device from here on out.

Some details:
    I recently fired AT&T as my carrier and went to StraightTalk Unlimited. In the change over, they do let you know that not all features of your phone will work. No problem. But, using the ROM Toolbox Pro, I tried to change the boot up animation. Upon reboot was when my phone stuck on the Moto login screen-no animation or anything. So, I guess that was to root of all my evils. Live and learn not soon to forget! I suppose flashing back to factory could be worse. I wasn't sure what to expect. But, it is still unlocked from AT&T, contacts still there, icons still there, just not rooted. I had not unlocked the bootloader. Needless to say, tinkering around is not high on my list of priorities. I'm just glad I know where to come if I do need some info.
    Last edited by Paradygm; 04-27-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: forgot details
    das8nt likes this.

wah
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Help please
    I tried to restore my atrix 4g to 2.3.6/4.5.141 from cm9. Everything run ok but the last stage which is reboot. now my phone
    looks like boot-looped. (repeat booting from M---rethink possible----M----rethink possib

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wah View Post
    Help please
    I tried to restore my atrix 4g to 2.3.6/4.5.141 from cm9. Everything run ok but the last stage which is reboot. now my phone
    looks like boot-looped. (repeat booting from M---rethink possible----M----rethink possib
    Hopefully you were able to resolve this by now, or at least pull the battery.

The solution should be to wipe data/cache in the stock Android Recovery. This is required whenever you try to flash back to stock from a custom ROM.

To get into recovery:

- While booting up, hold Volume Down until you see Fastboot.
    - Use Volume Down to scroll down to Android Recovery, use Volume Up to select it.
    - When you see the Android Robot and /!\, press both Volume buttons at the same time to show the menu.
    - Proceed to wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset.

Good luck!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradygm View Post
    First of all, all hail to das8nt! If it weren't for this post, I'd really be in a bad way right now. I just had to use this procedure to flash my device back to life as a last resort. I rooted it yesterday and had downloaded ROM Toolbox Pro 4.5.5 to make some subtle changes. One or more of them bricked my phone and I nearly fainted. (BTW, I am 2.3.6/4.5.141) I used a link in the forum to download the .sbf file, but when I tried to flash it with RSDLite, it failed twice. Then I used the link das8nt provided and it finally worked!

I'm not done testing yet, but so far I think my speakerphone and USB charging are AFU. Not a big deal I guess if the device is functional. Being a newbie myself, I don't know what caused the problem. I just know I'm glad there was already an answer for it. I guess I'll settle for straight stock device from here on out.

Some details:
    I recently fired AT&T as my carrier and went to StraightTalk Unlimited. In the change over, they do let you know that not all features of your phone will work. No problem. But, using the ROM Toolbox Pro, I tried to change the boot up animation. Upon reboot was when my phone stuck on the Moto login screen-no animation or anything. So, I guess that was to root of all my evils. Live and learn not soon to forget! I suppose flashing back to factory could be worse. I wasn't sure what to expect. But, it is still unlocked from AT&T, contacts still there, icons still there, just not rooted. I had not unlocked the bootloader. Needless to say, tinkering around is not high on my list of priorities. I'm just glad I know where to come if I do need some info.
    Awesome to hear this got you back up and running!

I hope you're able to work out the remaining issues. I wouldn't think those types of issues could be attributed to a change made by ROm Toolbox, and even if they were the SBF flash should have helped straighten them out. It might be a good idea to perform a factory reset and cache wipe as noted in the above post, just be sure you're backed up as it'll wipe everything.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Right now there is nothing to wipe. Already gone. I was not running a custom ROM. Just stock. Should I still try the cache wipe and factory reset? If so, which one first? Thanks

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Right now there is nothing to wipe. Already gone. I was not running a custom ROM. Just stock. Should I still try the cache wipe and factory reset? If so, which one first? Thanks
    Yeah, those are sometimes universal fixes for both stock and custom ROMs. The less painful is wiping cache, but it's also the least likely to help. Usually the most beneficial, but also the most PIA, is the factory reset, including the Internal Storage (be sure to back up important personal files).

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Das8nt,That was too easy! Clearing the cache was the fix. Thank you so much.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Das8nt,That was too easy! Clearing the cache was the fix. Thank you so much.
    Sweet! Glad it was the painless option.

wah
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks das8nt,
    It work. Does my phone still rooted?

wah

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wah View Post
    Thanks das8nt,
    It work. Does my phone still rooted?

wah
    Great to hear!

If you flashed a stock SBF, then you're likely not rooted any longer. You'll need to follow this guide to root manually: [How To] Root Motorola Atrix 1 ALL Versions - Including STOCK/LOCKED 2.3.4/2.3.6

Last edited by das8nt; 04-28-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads