Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Dodged a bullet on that one. Now I could use some advice on the best way to back everything up...just i n case....

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dodged a bullet on that one. Now I could use some advice on the best way to back everything up...just i n case.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi everyone

i'm trying to get back to the retail version on my phone. I was previously on jokersax CM9 rom.
    My phone is rebooting over and over and rsd lite says "please manually power up this phone". I tried many many times to do it with the top button, and tried by pulling off the battery, but it starts rebooting over and over again.

What can i do ?

Thanks

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelmoutarde View Post
    hi everyone

i'm trying to get back to the retail version on my phone. I was previously on jokersax CM9 rom.
    My phone is rebooting over and over and rsd lite says "please manually power up this phone". I tried many many times to do it with the top button, and tried by pulling off the battery, but it starts rebooting over and over again.

What can i do ?

Thanks
    When flashing back from a custom ROM, you have to boot into recovery and wipe data and cache. You'll now have the stock Android recovery, so when you get the robot and trialed press both Volume buttons at the same time.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    When flashing back from a custom ROM, you have to boot into recovery and wipe data and cache. You'll now have the stock Android recovery, so when you get the robot and trialed press both Volume buttons at the same time.

I ran into the same problem when trying to unlock my bootloader for the first time.

I have a UK stock 2.2.2 Atrix, which I rooted just fine using superoneclick and followed the process to unlock the bootloader using RSD Lite 5.3.1 and intl-fix-try1.sbf from the IHOP.rar

It ran fine showing Executed 100% in the progress but showed still in process under the result column for a long time after, saying Please manually power up this phone rather than rebooting as described, so in the end I was forced to close RSD, disconnect usb and pull the battery since it was frozen at the Motorola symbol. Now it just loops though I can enter RSD and Fastboot modes.

I have since learned that it might have completed the process properly had I left RSD running while pulling the battery then restarting and reconnecting to usb.

I tried entering the Android Recovery to wipe so I could try again as suggested elsewhere but it says entering recovery but never does.

Hope someone can offer some advice before I do anything further. I was wondering if I could simply try running RSD again hoping that I've not already bricked it in some way. Or maybe I should try moving on to the fastboot oem unlock?

Help! :-(

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcheese View Post
    I ran into the same problem when trying to unlock my bootloader for the first time.

I have a UK stock 2.2.2 Atrix, which I rooted just fine using superoneclick and followed the process to unlock the bootloader using RSD Lite 5.3.1 and intl-fix-try1.sbf from the IHOP.rar

It ran fine showing Executed 100% in the progress but showed still in process under the result column for a long time after, saying Please manually power up this phone rather than rebooting as described, so in the end I was forced to close RSD, disconnect usb and pull the battery since it was frozen at the Motorola symbol. Now it just loops though I can enter RSD and Fastboot modes.

I have since learned that it might have completed the process properly had I left RSD running while pulling the battery then restarting and reconnecting to usb.

I tried entering the Android Recovery to wipe so I could try again as suggested elsewhere but it says entering recovery but never does.

Hope someone can offer some advice before I do anything further. I was wondering if I could simply try running RSD again hoping that I've not already bricked it in some way. Or maybe I should try moving on to the fastboot oem unlock?

Help! :-(
    You can try to enter fastboot and give the unlock commands. If it doesn't work it won't hurt anything.

If that doesn't work, then you can also try to flash your stock SBF to see if that will recover it. I would try the unlock commands first, though.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    You can try to enter fastboot and give the unlock commands. If it doesn't work it won't hurt anything.

If that doesn't work, then you can also try to flash your stock SBF to see if that will recover it. I would try the unlock commands first, though.

Just wanted to say thanks for the quick response and support. Managed to unlock and install CWM Recovery fine and although there were a couple of persistent bootloop moments when I tried to wipe and reboot to see if stock still worked I have managed to install a custom rom which booted just fine.

Thanks once again. This is now my 9th successful android device rooted and rommed, yet somehow I always seem to feel like a noob so it's great to have forums like this. Looks like I have another to add to Tapatalk ;-)

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcheese View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for the quick response and support. Managed to unlock and install CWM Recovery fine and although there were a couple of persistent bootloop moments when I tried to wipe and reboot to see if stock still worked I have managed to install a custom rom which booted just fine.

Thanks once again. This is now my 9th successful android device rooted and rommed, yet somehow I always seem to feel like a noob so it's great to have forums like this. Looks like I have another to add to Tapatalk ;-)
    Great to hear! We're always here to help.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Good evening Atrix Community, I have tried to complete the RSD light on my phone do to a friend of mine got mad at me and changed my password, I started the processes but I couldnt get past the first fas reboot. I had not relized that my batt was only on 50%. I recharged the batt using my friend's Atrix and tried to do the process again but it keeps reading as fail. Is there anything I can do? Please help, I luv my phone and the GBA games I ahve put in it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for the typos

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nt1_alex View Post
    Good evening Atrix Community, I have tried to complete the RSD light on my phone do to a friend of mine got mad at me and changed my password, I started the processes but I couldnt get past the first fas reboot. I had not relized that my batt was only on 50%. I recharged the batt using my friend's Atrix and tried to do the process again but it keeps reading as fail. Is there anything I can do? Please help, I luv my phone and the GBA games I ahve put in it.
    What error are you getting? Does the phone show an error? What files are you trying to flash? Is this a new phone or the same one you had a few months ago?

Just so you're aware, flashing a SBF will not reset the password and let you get back into it. All of the SBFs after 4.1.83 are Service files and do not reset the user data where the password is stored. You also can't flash any older SBF without causing a hard brick.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads