Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; SE Flash Olympus works just fine..I forget the difference but all that matters is that it recognizes your Olympus (ATRIX). As for file, which carrier/version ...

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    SE Flash Olympus works just fine..I forget the difference but all that matters is that it recognizes your Olympus (ATRIX). As for file, which carrier/version do you run?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Since the phone doesn't have a carrier here in Sweden I had alot of trouble finding the carrier/version I have.
    But on the box it sais that I have the german Vodafone version (SM,MB860,DE,VODAFONE/D2,DTG), and that's what I'm going for. As I didn't see that version listed in the list I did a search for in on the thread.
    Someone else posted the firmware, but since it is a 600MB file I can't download it from filesonic which apparently has a limit of 400. Do you know of a way to get it without having to pay filesonic?
    Is there a way to determine what carrier/version I'm using since I'm not 100% sure?
    Last edited by lohnn; 12-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lohnn View Post
    Since the phone doesn't have a carrier here in Sweden I had alot of trouble finding the carrier/version I have.
    But on the box it sais that I have the german Vodafone version (SM,MB860,DE,VODAFONE/D2,DTG), and that's what I'm going for. As I didn't see that version listed in the list I did a search for in on the thread.
    Someone else posted the firmware, but since it is a 600MB file I can't download it from filesonic which apparently has a limit of 400. Do you know of a way to get it without having to pay filesonic?
    Is there a way to determine what carrier/version I'm using since I'm not 100% sure?
    The file you're trying to get is a 2.3.4 version, which is fine, but just wanted to make sure you're ready to upgrade as you can't ever go back (without hard bricking the phone).

I've never had an issue downloading from Filesonic without a premium account, though I don't know if it's different rules for different locales? I just click on the Slow Download button which activates a timer up in the middle of the page that makes you wait 30 seconds, then you have to enter a spam filter text and it lets me download.

If it doesn't work for you I can upload a mirror for you and send you the link shortly, as soon as I get it and upload it.

The only way to verify it for sure is if you can boot into your phone and look at the System Version under Settings > About Phone.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As I tried to update my telephone and got the "failed to boot 2 Starting RSD mode" problem, I can actually boot into my phone and check for information quickly before it wants to restart again for update...
    Some information I thought could be useful.

Android version - 2.2.2
    Baseband version - N_01.95.00R
    Kernel - 2.6.32.9
    Build - OLYEM_U.4_4.2.3
    System version - Version.4.4.23.MB860.Vodafone.en.EU

I intended to update anyway, do you think it is better to update and flash at the same time and get the 2.3.4 version directly?
    Would be really awesome if you could mirror me an appropriate firmware seeing as I can't download the files > 600MB from Filesonic. (and that I'm not totally sure what file to get)

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    As I tried to update my telephone and got the "failed to boot 2 Starting RSD mode" problem, I can actually boot into my phone and check for information quickly before it wants to restart again for update...
    Some information I thought could be useful.

Android version - 2.2.2
    Baseband version - N_01.95.00R
    Kernel - 2.6.32.9
    Build - OLYEM_U.4_4.2.3
    System version - Version.4.4.23.MB860.Vodafone.en.EU

I intended to update anyway, do you think it is better to update and flash at the same time and get the 2.3.4 version directly?
    Would be really awesome if you could mirror me an appropriate firmware seeing as I can't download the files > 600MB from Filesonic. (and that I'm not totally sure what file to get)
    Yeah, looks like Vodafone Germany, and it would be fine to use the SBF flash to update to 2.3.4.

I have that particular file downloading right now and will get it up as soon as possible; probably about 45 mins or so.

If you're OK with losing your settings and apps, I might recommend doing a factory reset when updating this way and then reinstalling apps afterwards. That will make sure you don't have any left over conflicts. If resetting is not in the cards right now then you can give it a go as is and see how things run.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted/Unlocked Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    To do a factory reset I have to get into the Android Recovery right?
    I can't go into that, I have the same "failed to boot 2" problem there. Do you think I'll be able to go there after flash?
    I have backed up all my apps and don't mind loosing my settings since it will be easy to set everything up again.
    Thanks for fixing the files, I really appreciate it!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    To do a factory reset I have to get into the Android Recovery right?
    I can't go into that, I have the same "failed to boot 2" problem there. Do you think I'll be able to go there after flash?
    I have backed up all my apps and don't mind loosing my settings since it will be easy to set everything up again.
    Thanks for fixing the files, I really appreciate it!
    You can do it that way, and yes you should have access again after flashing, or you can go into Settings > Privacy and find it there as well.

So..... We're you trying to load Rom Manager on a rooted but locked phone when this happened? Just curious.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted/Unlocked Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Spot on! Been there yourself or seen me on other forum perhaps?
    I don't really know the difference between locked and unlocked, perhaps you can tell me?
    The phone is going to be unlocked after this firmware flash right?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Spot on! Been there yourself or seen me on other forum perhaps?
    I don't really know the difference between locked and unlocked, perhaps you can tell me?
    The phone is going to be unlocked after this firmware flash right?
    Lol! Nah, just seen his happen a lot.

This flash will not unlock your bootloader; this is just stock firmware. See the following thread on how to do that. THEN you can load Rom Manager if you want, or do what most others do and just install a custom recovery. It's all touched on here: [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs

Here's the Vodafone 2.3.4 Service SBF; it should get you back to a working condition until you're ready to unlock and ROM: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Good luck!

Edit: It's from this post should you want to grab a MD5 Checksum program to verify it's intact after downloading: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=203
    Last edited by das8nt; 12-07-2011 at 11:41 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm gonna say thank you very much for now, will attempt to flash it later when I've gotten some sleep and then thank you for real, or come back with another problems depending of the outcome
    Thanks for helping me non the less!

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads