Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

This is a discussion on [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Originally Posted by BenyBlanco It worked... thanks for all of the help, I absolutely love this phone and refuse to let it go. Thanks again ...

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BenyBlanco View Post
    It worked... thanks for all of the help, I absolutely love this phone and refuse to let it go. Thanks again guys!
    Happy to help
    I love my Atrix too, such an awesome phone right!?!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Has anyone ever bricked his phone while trying to flash sbf 2.3.4 after unlocking bootloader.I have done it once but after viewing different forums i am little scared.So i want to ask if had to reflash sbf 2.3.4 with rsd is it safe and what should i look before flashing sbf.

Currently my phone is running GingerMod#4 rom.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator1983 View Post
    Has anyone ever bricked his phone while trying to flash sbf 2.3.4 after unlocking bootloader.I have done it once but after viewing different forums i am little scared.So i want to ask if had to reflash sbf 2.3.4 with rsd is it safe and what should i look before flashing sbf.

Currently my phone is running GingerMod#4 rom.
    First, the obligatory question: is your phone's boot loader unlocked? If the answer is "no," then there's no need to proceed any further.

Now, as for flashing the Gingerbread SBF, you should be okay. The only time you risk a hard brick (AFAIK) is if you try to flash Froyo (1.8.3) onto a phone that was unlocked under Gingerbread (4.5.91). If you try to do that, you're screwed.

If you really need to go back to stock, may I suggest that you use a fruitcake instead? They're installable via CWM Recovery, and since they don't have boot loaders (just the ROM elements), there's no risk of bricking your phone, and you'll achieve the same results. Just go to this thread at XDA and download the fruitcake for your phone, and flash away. The other advantage is that you avoid RSD Lite altogether, a utility that's actually a bit risky to use (CWM Recovery is much safer, basically because it is running on the phone itself instead of relying on a USB interface to a PC). RSD is a necessary evil for unlocking the boot loader, but IMHO it should be avoided afterwards if at all possible.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    First, the obligatory question: is your phone's boot loader unlocked? If the answer is "no," then there's no need to proceed any further. Now, as for flashing the Gingerbread SBF, you should be okay. The only time you risk a hard brick (AFAIK) is if you try to flash Froyo (1.8.3) onto a phone that was unlocked under Gingerbread (4.5.91). If you try to do that, you're screwed.If you really need to go back to stock, may I suggest that you use a fruitcake instead? They're installable via CWM Recovery, and since they don't have boot loaders (just the ROM elements), there's no risk of bricking your phone, and you'll achieve the same results. Just go to this thread at XDA and download the fruitcake for your phone, and flash away. The other advantage is that you avoid RSD Lite altogether, a utility that's actually a bit risky to use (CWM Recovery is much safer, basically because it is running on the phone itself instead of relying on a USB interface to a PC). RSD is a necessary evil for unlocking the boot loader, but IMHO it should be avoided afterwards if at all possible.
    Yes phone's bootloader is unlocked.The main reason i asked was that if i want to sell my phone i wil have to flash the stock 2.3.4 sbf of ME860 version Atrix bcoz my pbone model number and kernel is now changed from ME860 to MB860 and on box its written ME860.I have tried the fruitcake its not changing that only the sbf i flashed last time changed it to normal.The version of rom i am currently on is gingermod 4 which was build from the stock image of 2.3.6 so if flash the stock 2.3.4 is it safe as most the bricks were bcoz of downgrading from to 2.3.4 to earlier versions.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Yes phone's bootloader is unlocked.The main reason i asked was that if i want to sell my phone i wil have to flash the stock 2.3.4 sbf of ME860 version Atrix bcoz my pbone model number and kernel is now changed from ME860 to MB860 and on box its written ME860.I have tried the fruitcake its not changing that only the sbf i flashed last time changed it to normal.The version of rom i am currently on is gingermod 4 which was build from the stock image of 2.3.6 so if flash the stock 2.3.4 is it safe as most the bricks were bcoz of downgrading from to 2.3.4 to earlier versions.
    In that case, if you 'need' to, then you should be fine. Just follow precautions and guidelines and use the correct file. Use the 2.3.6 file if you can find it, but the 2.3.4 will work as well. The 2.2.2 to 2.3.4 upgrade came with a new bootloader that couldn't be downgraded. 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 didn't have the same type of major change.

MJ is correct, though. CWM flashing is much safer when it's feasible to do so.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted/Unlocked Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Need some help here. Was trying to root my US AT&T Atrix 4G following these instructions (How to Root Atrix 4G! [The Easy Way] | Atrix 4G Hacks), and now I'm bricked at SVF: 105:1:2 failed to boot 0x1000 No OS detected. The battery is getting low (it is out currently). I'm stymied at how to proceed to recover here. I have Win7 with the Moto 5.4.0 drivers (w/MotoHelper 2.1.32), and RSDLite 5.4.4. I'm trying to download the 4.5.91/2.3.4 firmware from Atrix Firmwares Superthread (Official Firmware Team of M3) - xda-developers -- is this what I need, and then just load it with RSDLite? Or something else.... please help if your able. Is there any good IRC channel to jump into for real time help? I should note here that I do intend to eventually move forward to root the phone. Also, I'm a little unsure of this 'unlocked bootloader' business ... how is that different from, or tied to the rooting. (note here that I'm a unix/linux guy for long time -- I get the concepts from there, but I'm having a little trouble relating them to how android phones work ... I thought it would be more similar.)
    Last edited by gocomoto; 01-21-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: re-wording, adding

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gocomoto View Post
    Need some help here. Was trying to root my US AT&T Atrix 4G following these instructions (How to Root Atrix 4G! [The Easy Way] | Atrix 4G Hacks), and now I'm bricked at SVF: 105:1:2 failed to boot 0x1000 No OS detected. The battery is getting low (it is out currently). I'm stymied at how to proceed to recover here. I have Win7 with the Moto 5.4.0 drivers (w/MotoHelper 2.1.32), and RSDLite 5.4.4. I'm trying to download the 4.5.91/2.3.4 firmware from Atrix Firmwares Superthread (Official Firmware Team of M3) - xda-developers -- is this what I need, and then just load it with RSDLite? Or something else.... please help if your able. Is there any good IRC channel to jump into for real time help? I should note here that I do intend to eventually move forward to root the phone. Also, I'm a little unsure of this 'unlocked bootloader' business ... how is that different from, or tied to the rooting. (note here that I'm a unix/linux guy for long time -- I get the concepts from there, but I'm having a little trouble relating them to how android phones work ... I thought it would be more similar.)
    I am not sure about your issue but i got the error no os detected starting rsd mod when i was unlocking the bootloader.I was also getting other options on the screen so i rebooted the phone and selected fastboot to flashed recovery.After flashing recovery i installed a rom from there and everything got normal.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I followed the steps from this tutorial.

[TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gocomoto View Post
    If you have an AT&T Atrix and had the latest software version, then yes, download the 4.5.91 SBF and flash it, following the instructions posted in this thread.

To root the newest version, see the post stickied in the Hacks section for rooting all versions 2.3.4.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I followed the steps from this tutorial.

[TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs
    That would work if he were in the middle of unlocking, but this is a different issue caused by using an out of date root method.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads