Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Signal issues August 2011 need help ****ASAP!!!!****

This is a discussion on Signal issues August 2011 need help ****ASAP!!!!**** within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I just upgraded to the Atrix from iPhone 3g and I love it! The Atrix was so much better....until the gingerbread update. I have been ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Signal issues August 2011 need help ****ASAP!!!!****

I just upgraded to the Atrix from iPhone 3g and I love it! The Atrix was so much better....until the gingerbread update. I have been through THREE Atrix handsets in less than a month. The first handset I had to return for running hot, the second I returned for having signal issues even though I got a new SIM card. Now the newest handset I've had for two days and as soon as I got home, I noticed it was fluctuating and completely loosing signal. This is on both service signal and wifi signal. I am very disappointed about this and I am not cell phone retarded as I used to repair motorola phone for US Cellular, So I know that sometimes signal issues could be caused by either hardware or software. So the reason I'm posting this thread is because I am desperate to know if I'm experiencing this problem because of the gingerbread software, or if I'm just getting defective handsets. I need to know before the 17th that way if it's the handsets, I can trade in for the HTC inspire. I would rather not get the HTC because i've been so in tune with moto devices, but I will if this handset has issues. Someone please give me an answer ASAP. I would truly and greatly appreciate it immensely!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I forgot to mention, I am not experiencing the signal problems just at home. I was in a parking lot yesterday and had the same problems.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hi and welcome.

Unfortunately I don't know that there is much that can be done if you're on official firmware and this is your third device. I know I experience signal drops, but only in expected places, like inside buildings.

Have you asked your carrier to check your local towers?

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    So I assume you're intermittently getting the red, slashed circle in place of the signal bar gauge?

I had this happen once for an entire day in my area. In my case, though, a call to AT&T revealed it was network failure at one of the control sites. If you travel 10 or 15 miles away from the area where you're noticing the problem and it's still happening, that would tend to point to the phone itself. But if the problem disappears, I'd bet it's a network issue.

Trust me, AT&T may, or may not act upon a complaint of such a network malfunction with one simple call... or two of them... or even three or more I went through a terrible Internet failure issue last month that lasted 10 days. They wouldn't do anything about it (despite that they opened trouble tickets and claimed they were working on the matter each time I called) until I contacted a corporate escalation team member.

I suppose in your case it could be software/upgrade-related, too. But if it is I'd think it an isolated situation since I don't see others complaining of the same issue.

The best of luck to you getting it resolved.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, I was getting the no signal symbol frequently. I also missed calls and was unable to call out a couple of times. I called tech support and had the local towers checked shortly after posting this, and the towers were fine. The tech said I should not be experiencing this problem. He ended up telling me to go trade it in, so I did and got the HTC inspire instead of another Atrix. They were going to charge me a restocking fee for the Inspire until my husband was like "I don't think so. That's bull." So, the problem is solved and I like the Inspire more. It's better for me anyhow and it's not much of a difference since I never too advantage of the docking station or the HDMI cable. Thank you so much for your help and for taking the time.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Glad you were able to find a resolution that worked for you.

Good luck to you!

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you so much!

Remove Ads

Ads