Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unable to set up initial Motoblur account!

This is a discussion on Unable to set up initial Motoblur account! within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I recently bought my Motorola Atrix 4G off Ebay and it just arrived today in the mail. I am living in New Zealand using an ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unable to set up initial Motoblur account!

I recently bought my Motorola Atrix 4G off Ebay and it just arrived today in the mail. I am living in New Zealand using an unlocked (or so the Ebay description says) Atrix. When I first turn on my phone the Motoblur account set up comes up, of course. <br>When I press start it says "checking for data connectivity" but then says the connection fails and gives me the option to Setup Wifi. I have a working Wifi connection and I have disabled all security for this purpose but when I try to connect the Wifi will say "Scanning..." then "Connecting..." then "Disconneceted" immediately. <br><br>Without this I can't setup my Motoblur and can't use my new phone D:. HEEELP!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    First check is your data is enabled. Go to settings/battery & data/data delivery and make sure data enable and background data is checked. Let us know what happens.

Edit/ Welcome to this great Atrix Forum!
    Last edited by RobKort; 08-26-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay right, last night I added an APN for my New Zealand network thing and I got my Motoblur account thing done .
    However, the Wifi problem still persists and it will say "scanning..." followed by "connecting..." and then "disconnected". I have enabled both data thingies as above but it hasn't helped. My router is a Belkin Wireless N F5D8236-4. I'm using WPA2-Personal with TKIP encryption... I don't know if this helps. In any case, I know the wireless is working because my laptop is doing just fine.
    And thank you! Your help is very much appreciated.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Has your OS version been update to 2.3.4 Gingerbread yet? (Settings > About phone) I thought I heard that was going to fix some of the international Wifi issues.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just upgraded to 2.3 Gingerbread... And I'm still having the same problem.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hmm. That's not good, others have reported that the update fixed the issue.

Here's a thread on XDA with a way that was used prior to the update to add correct drivers for international Wifi on an AT&T Atrix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1077329

Have you tried forgetting all networks, resetting your router and trying to connect again?

Did the problem exist before the update? If so you might try a factory data reset (which will wipe your progress thus far) to see if that will clear out the old Wifi settings.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried the forget network/reset router business and it didn't help. Yes, this problem did exist before the update and at this stage I'd rather not try a factory reset.
    The interesting thing is that today I was in the CBD and I successfully connected to a network! It was one of those pay-per-use public wifi networks so I didn't actually have the opportunity to surf the net, but when I opened the browser it did enter the whole "Welcome to Cafenet, please input credit card number here etc." . I also know for sure that I can get data off my 3G network operator. I guess from this I can conclude that my phone is able to pick up wifi networks, connect to them and receive data from both 3G and wifi.
    Is my best bet to try the above XDA link? I'm just not sure if rooting is the best idea.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydalilama View Post
    I have tried the forget network/reset router business and it didn't help. Yes, this problem did exist before the update and at this stage I'd rather not try a factory reset.
    The interesting thing is that today I was in the CBD and I successfully connected to a network! It was one of those pay-per-use public wifi networks so I didn't actually have the opportunity to surf the net, but when I opened the browser it did enter the whole "Welcome to Cafenet, please input credit card number here etc." . I also know for sure that I can get data off my 3G network operator. I guess from this I can conclude that my phone is able to pick up wifi networks, connect to them and receive data from both 3G and wifi.
    Is my best bet to try the above XDA link? I'm just not sure if rooting is the best idea.
    Well, if it connects to any network in your country, then it's probably not driver related, so the XDA post might not help.

Can you try to possibly change your security type on your home router? The phone might be having an issue with the security settings.

sent from my MotoXoom via Tapatalk

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Checking for updates for your router could help also. Maybe try to disable the security and connect like that, that could give you a hint that is security issue.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried disabling all security and connecting... It still doesn't work. My router is running the latest firmware.

Nevertheless, thanks again for all the help!

Ads