Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Flashing back to Stock 2.2.2 Bell Atrix Froyo

This is a discussion on Flashing back to Stock 2.2.2 Bell Atrix Froyo within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Alright, well before you guys say why are you trying to go back to stock, let me explain what went on earlier. What had happened ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Flashing back to Stock 2.2.2 Bell Atrix Froyo

Alright, well before you guys say why are you trying to go back to stock, let me explain what went on earlier.

What had happened was, I had attempted to flash a ROM and it failed and I was stuck in a boot loop. I used RSD lite to flash a "bell" SBF but it was an Australian Telstra or however you spell it SBF. Now I just thought, ok, it's blue big whoop, then went on and installed Alien custom ROM. Then the alien theme on top of that. So right now, I am on Alien and I have 2.3.4.

What I want to do is this, it's not simple but you guys are really good at helping out here so here it is :
    - Back to Stock 2.2.2 (completely need to do this !)
    - Update to 2.3.4 (not necessary, but helpful )
    - Unlock the Bootloader again if locked (again, not necessary)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT ; I'M NOW BACK ON TELSTRA 2.2.2 - NOTHING CHANGED
    Last edited by kishanpatel; 09-02-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Was the goal to be back on stock OTA?
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The goal here is to one way or another get back to stock bell 2.2.2 or higher, doesn't matter, as long as I can revert from system version 4.1.42.MB860.Telstra.en.AU (Telstra - Australian) firmware to Stock Bell 2.2.2. I am on Stock Telstra right now.

Thanks in advance,
    Kishan

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    If you're unlocked, then all you need is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1195922

That is as close as you'll get to stock Bell, and it's already 2.3.4. He just got this done today.

You can use the 2.2.2 version of the same thing here: [MOD][CWM][Bell][Gobstopper] Stock 2.2.2 for Bell Updated 7/31/2011 - xda-developers

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Are there no SBF's of Bell? I don't have an unlocked bootloader and don't feel like going through and unlocking and rooting again -_- and does that 2.2.2 let it update OTA or no?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kishanpatel View Post
    Are there no SBF's of Bell? I don't have an unlocked bootloader and don't feel like going through and unlocking and rooting again -_- and does that 2.2.2 let it update OTA or no?
    Nope no SBFs for Bell at all.

You don't have an unocked BL? I thought you were on Alien. Alien 2.3.4 is only for unlocked BLs. Unless you just mean the "Unlocked" message is gone, or hidden really, since you flashed a stock SBF (Telstra.)

Yes, the stock 2.2.2 posted above will let you update to 2.3.4 the official way.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well the Unlocked message was there on Alien 2.3.4 and then I flashed the stock SBF (Telstra) back to 2.2.2 using RSD Lite. So my question then really is do I have a unlocked bootloader, and if that's a yes and I install 2.2.2 Bell that way, and then update to 2.3.4 will it in the system show Bell.Canada etc. under the version or w.e.?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Well the Unlocked message was there on Alien 2.3.4 and then I flashed the stock SBF (Telstra) back to 2.2.2 using RSD Lite. So my question then really is do I have a unlocked bootloader, and if that's a yes and I install 2.2.2 Bell that way, and then update to 2.3.4 will it in the system show Bell.Canada etc. under the version or w.e.?
    Yes, you have a permanently unlocked bootloader. It's not ever fully relockable, but flashing a stock SBF will hide the "Unlocked" message and will temporarily not allow you to install ROMs until you flash your required "pudding" file again. As soon as you do it will show the unlocked message and you'll be able to load ROMs again.

While the 2.2.2 and 2.3.4 Gobstoppers are technically built as custom ROMs would be, they are actually full Bell stock installs and all system info will show as Bell versions with the proper info. NFHimself has taken it upon himself to build these for Bell users since there are no SBFs. The only thing he includes that isn't stock is a pre-root, but that can be removed after install if wanted.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What's this "pudding" file!?!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    What's this "pudding" file!?!
    Sorry. It's the nickname given to the unlockable bootloader file. The international (including Bell) version was actually given the name IHOP (International House of Pudding). It's found in this thread under the subheading Unlock: [PUDDING] International House of Pudding! BL Unlock/root thread (Updated 07/23/2011) - xda-developers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads