Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Recovery Weirdness...HELP

This is a discussion on Recovery Weirdness...HELP within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; So I rooted my 4.5.91 Atrix using the instructions on this website, and it worked like a charm. Then i went into the market and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Recovery Weirdness...HELP

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Recovery Weirdness...HELP

So I rooted my 4.5.91 Atrix using the instructions on this website, and it worked like a charm. Then i went into the market and downloaded ROM Manager, through which i flashed the latest Clockwork Mod Recovery. Since this was going to be my first time flashing a Custom ROM, I followed online advice of performing a Nandroid backup. I pressed "Backup Current ROM" in ROM Manager, and my phone turned off. When it turned back on, I was at the Motorola Dual Core screen, and at the top there was a message: "Failed to boot 2 Starting RSD Mode". I opened RSD Lite on my comp., and i flashed the 4.5.91 sbf, and everything is all good now, thankfully.

Can anybody tell my why i couldn't perform a Nandroid backup?

This is my first time doing this stuff, so im pretty sure i did something wrong. Thanks guys!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    It doesn't sound like you ever unlocked your phone, meaning you can't flash a custom Recovery meaning Nandroid backups won't work.

Follow this tut for unlocking:
    [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    sorry i've got another n00b question lol. When i flashed the 4.5.91 SBF, it un-rooted me. Should I root my phone, and then unlock my phone...or should i unlock my phone, and then root my phone?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    You don't need to be rooted to unlock your bootloader (but beware unlocking bootloader is a permanent warranty void, read all of my instructions in tut before trying). You will lose all of your data once unlocked on a custom ROM, so if you want to be able to backup data with a program like TitaniumBackup then you will need root access. All custom ROMs for unlocked bootloaders are pre-rooted so you don't have to worry about rooting if you don't plan on backing any information.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Welcome to the forums, by the way!
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks alot for all the help here and in the TUT! flashed an Alien v4 ROM perfectly!
    Last edited by namangupta9; 09-05-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    thekooliest likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Glad it went so speedily and perfectly, enjoy the ROM life
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by namangupta9 View Post
    So I rooted my 4.5.91 Atrix using the instructions on this website, and it worked like a charm. Then i went into the market and downloaded ROM Manager, through which i flashed the latest Clockwork Mod Recovery. Since this was going to be my first time flashing a Custom ROM, I followed online advice of performing a Nandroid backup. I pressed "Backup Current ROM" in ROM Manager, and my phone turned off. When it turned back on, I was at the Motorola Dual Core screen, and at the top there was a message: "Failed to boot 2 Starting RSD Mode". I opened RSD Lite on my comp., and i flashed the 4.5.91 sbf, and everything is all good now, thankfully.

Can anybody tell my why i couldn't perform a Nandroid backup?

This is my first time doing this stuff, so im pretty sure i did something wrong. Thanks guys!
    I have the same problem but I don't know how and where to flash the correct sbf on my phone to fix my Recovery Mode. My phone is a Bell Atrix with the 2.3.4 OTA update. I just rooted it and tried this and now my Recovery mode gives me the "Failed to boot 2 Starting RSD Mode" message. Can someone please lead me to the right direction please?

Build#: 4.5.2A-51_OLL-17
    System: 45.2.17.MB860.BellMobility.en.CA

Thanks.
    Last edited by h33t; 09-06-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h33t View Post
    I have the same problem but I don't know how and where to flash the correct sbf on my phone to fix my Recovery Mode. My phone is a Bell Atrix with the 2.3.4 OTA update. I just rooted it and tried this and now my Recovery mode gives me the "Failed to boot 2 Starting RSD Mode" message. Can someone please lead me to the right direction please?

Build#: 4.5.2A-51_OLL-17
    System: 45.2.17.MB860.BellMobility.en.CA

Thanks.
    Hi and welcome.

If you're still having this issue you might not need a SBF at all, which is good because there are none for the Bell Atrix. You should just be able to battery pull and start up again just fine.

CWM recoveries and custom ROMs can only be accomplished on unlocked bootloaders.
    h33t likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Hi and welcome.

If you're still having this issue you might not need a SBF at all, which is good because there are none for the Bell Atrix. You should just be able to battery pull and start up again just fine.

CWM recoveries and custom ROMs can only be accomplished on unlocked bootloaders.
    Hello, Thanks for the welcome. Yes, it starts up fine, but my recovery mode is still giving me that error. If i wanted to unlock my bootloader, don't i need that recovery mode? And is there a way to fix that problem? Could you be able to point me in the right direction? I'm still new to the android modding community since my first android phone is the Bell Atrix. I've been on a wild goose chase to find the right steps to get my phone backed up, unlocked, rooted, and then install a custom ROM.

On the link above (the Tutorial link thekooliest posted), I'm not sure how to install Pudding. Would someone clarify? Also, would that method be compatible with my Bell Atrix?

Thanks
    Last edited by h33t; 09-06-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads