Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix won't keep sync with new BMW idrive. Drops Bluetooth. wont' sync Phonebook

This is a discussion on Atrix won't keep sync with new BMW idrive. Drops Bluetooth. wont' sync Phonebook within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; New 2011 535i with iDrive system. I tested with an iPhone and works nicely. Atrix drops BT and has not been able to copy phonebook ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix won't keep sync with new BMW idrive. Drops Bluetooth. wont' sync Phonebook

New 2011 535i with iDrive system.

I tested with an iPhone and works nicely.

Atrix drops BT and has not been able to copy phonebook over like the iPhone. Spins on transferring data.

Very fustrating. I'd hate to move back to iPhone for the Bluetooth issue.

Any help appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    what phone book? Apple products tend to make things difficult to use on anything other than an Apple product, but there's a way to do it.

BT on my Atrix works fine. Again, this could be a compatibility issue with an Apple product. I'm sure there's a work-around/way to do it. I can't help because I don't use Apple stuff, but there are plenty here that do. Someone will likely have an answer shortly.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    what phone book? Apple products tend to make things difficult to use on anything other than an Apple product, but there's a way to do it.

BT on my Atrix works fine. Again, this could be a compatibility issue with an Apple product. I'm sure there's a work-around/way to do it. I can't help because I don't use Apple stuff, but there are plenty here that do. Someone will likely have an answer shortly.
    Phonebook is syncing to Gmail. No Apple products involved. The only reference to Apple is that when testing with the iPhone, it worked fine. Also with a Windows phone. However the Atrix will not conduct the phonebook transfer (Gmail contacts) from phone to BMW.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Im thinking this is an issue with the ATRIX because mine will not sync with my truck( dodge with uconnect) have the same issues keeps groping in and out gets really frustrating. Every other phone has done fine expect the atrix

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Similar problem with my 2011 e90 and a Motorola Photon. I was able to get contacts into the iDrive Office application and save them to the car, it wants to sync everytime I'm in the car (and keeps trying periodically and I wish I could turn that off) and if I am on a call, drops it with a squeal after a few minutes or so.

I was able to get the contacts into the iDrive office application through a BT transfer (I think as that was what I was trying when the started to appear). I tried to do the TELEPHONE BT contact sync and that never worked, only got it to work via the iDrive OFFICE approach.

Hope that helps and anybody with ideas on how to stop the call drops, please chime in.

Remove Ads

Ads