Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MotoBlur or No Motoblur?

This is a discussion on MotoBlur or No Motoblur? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; On the advice from a friend, I have not set up MotoBlur because he said it slows down the phone. Anyone have any clue if ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

MotoBlur or No Motoblur?

On the advice from a friend, I have not set up MotoBlur because he said it slows down the phone. Anyone have any clue if this is true? Is MotoBlur worth it? I havent set it up yet. I am using launcher pro plus also.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. As others say, this phone is stupid fast. I still have all the stock Motoblur stuff going on. It certainly hasn't affected my battery life. I posted all my battery info in another thread....my phone lasts around 25-26 hours on a single charge. I'm not sure what people's problems are exactly with Motoblur.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Anything that people say slows down phones ive noticed has no effect on us. Hardware was behind now its ahead of the software. Its kind of nice. I like launcher pro better anyways and thats what I use also.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    I didn't like the look of Blur...lots of wasted space on the home screens to me. I use ADW EX launcher, and much prefer that interface. The social media aspects of Blur are not what I rely on my phone for...that would've been better served by the Kin

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Whoa 25-26 hours? I might get that if I cut the phone off all day. I use my phone when I get breaks at work and its usually in my last 10% by days end. (8-9hrs) I use JuiceDefender and thy seems to help. I also use Advanced Task Killer, it keeps the background stuff under control, but makes my phone have a delay when trying to connect to wi-fi. Launcherpro is nice and I am gonna try out the other progs too. I guess I don't need motoblur, I can just use the standalone apps or the friends widget in LP+. Any good battery advice is welcome btw...thanks for responding.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Motoblur is personal taste, this new version is nice if you like the social aspect of it. I personally don't, but that doesn't mean anything to you... use it...if you like it, keep it, if not try another launcher! Also, HomeSwitcher (free) can switch you back and forth between multiple home screens, you might want to try it. I run ADW, LauncherPro and GoLauncher (lol, I like change) and switch back (I could switch back to Motoblur if I wanted) and forth when ever I want! The Atrix has so much memory, you are free to do much more then you could with any other phone.

As far as battery, I can get 12 good hours without extra charging. I have bluetooth and wifi on all the time, Tweetdeck (if you are into social, try this app, Facebook, Twitter Foursquare RSS and more all in one feed) running in the background and of course email and sms constant updating. I don't use any aftermarket programs to manage programs or power, I have tried them and haven't found a benefit. 12 hours can get me through the day, but after owning smart phones for 4 years (iPhone 1,3G,3GS,4, Nexus One and now Atrix) I have found that if you need more hours, get an extra charger and plug it in at work. When I am at my computer, I plug it in, I have the Atrix car dock (really nice and only $32 at Amazon) so when I am in the car I am charging. If you are going to use your phone, invest in some extra charging options. You won't have to concern yourself with battery use!

Edit: One other thing about battery, make sure you don't have the GPS on. That is a major battery drain and really not necessary unless you are looking at maps or using navigation.
    Last edited by ncampo; 03-03-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: GPS

Ads