Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need urgent Help: reboot/restart problem

This is a discussion on Need urgent Help: reboot/restart problem within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi Friends, My precious Atrix gave up. My Atrix is with gingerbread, no rooting , no sideloading nothing. I kept it original and its been ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Need urgent Help: reboot/restart problem

Hi Friends,
    My precious Atrix gave up. My Atrix is with gingerbread, no rooting , no sideloading nothing.
    I kept it original and its been very good to me. Today when am @ Fry's, I was trying to use barcode scanner and somehow my data service did not work. I thought I will give it a restart and see. After I powered down and restarted , it didn't stop. It boots to the screen where it says checking Internal storage (immediately after AT&T logo) and then restarts again. It doesn't even give me time to unlock and check on it. I waited for 15 mins, but it continues to restart and also heats up. I removed micro SD card and then tried to boot, even then it did not help. Now I kept it switched off not knowing what to do next. I read one of the threads in this forum which says to login to safe mode and remove the app which is causing problem....but how do I know which app is causing problem?.

Also, if I reset the device, what happens to my contacts and installed apps. Am not sure if I enabled the option to backup my Apps to google servers.

Please help.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Your contacts should be backed up to google. Your apps probably won't be. I would start by booting into safe mode and deleting your most recent apps, and the bar code scanner just to be safe.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Logged in to safe mode and deleted the apps I thought are causing problem. But after restarting in normal mode problem still exists. Any other suggestions ?.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I think your stuck at a factory reset. Unless you want to delete apps one by one. Your files in storage will be saved, your contacts should be synced to MOTOBLUR or google, but you will lose apps and temp data..

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Yep, factory reset it is in this case.

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    The op could always try deleting all the apps first. This way they wouldn't lose settings and whatnot. If it fixes it then they're in the clear and if it doesn't well..reset...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Finally I had to do factory reset. Now my Atrix is fine and I made sure I copied all contacts and installed some of the apps. I observed that now in Settings --> Storage there are two seperate sections "Applications Storage" and "Internal Storage". Under Applications Storage, available space is only 1.64 GB (I see the same information under Manage Applications). I think full internal storage has to be used for Applications Storage.. correct?.
    I am not sure if it was this way earlier. Can you guys please confirm?. Do I need to do factory reset again and format the internal storage to be part of single partition or something?. Please find the screenshots attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    I would have suggested a battery pull, but sounds like you already did a factory reset. If it does it again, try pulling the pattery (for about 5 mins or so) and then putting the battery back in and restarting phone.

[edit] your storage numbers appear to be fine to me.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for quick comments friends....

@G-Man.... I did try to removing the battery, wait and then restart.. it did not help.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    No problem, the battery pull is just something that can be tried before resorting to a factory reset, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Remove Ads

Ads