Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unbricking with NVflash?

This is a discussion on Unbricking with NVflash? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I recently hard bricked my Atrix. I got it off of ebay so don't have a warranty to be able to send it back to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By G-Man
  • 1 Post By 11DRaGon01

Thread: Unbricking with NVflash?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unbricking with NVflash?

I recently hard bricked my Atrix. I got it off of ebay so don't have a warranty to be able to send it back to Motorola. I have heard that NVflash can work and is how Motorola fixes bricked phones, but read it wasn't available. I googled it and found what I believe is what I need. Here's a link to what found and hopefully someone can tell me if this will work for the Atrix. I don't want to have to buy another Atrix. Please help.

NVFlash Setup Instructions + Drivers (links active&#33 - Android @ MoDaCo

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Question is how did you "hard brick" it? What did you before it stopped working? dOes it turn on at all? Once we know this we can help further

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Im assuming you used rsd to flash a pre-2.3.4 sbf to your 2.3.4 phone as that is the main time I see this error. This will always cause a hard brick, and not many people recover, there is a guy om xda (link someone) who claims to fix this .

I didn't think the software was leaked but that does look promising. If the tut you linked made sense I say try it, im interested to see if it works. Otherwise you can try the person on xda if someone finds a link

Sorry for your predicament.

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I did indeed try to install a pre 2.3.4 rom on my device. I didn't do enough research and didn't know you couldn't do that. My bad. I found a link to the xda fourms and the process is slightly different from the first. I am not familiar enough with either to do it. First off I can't get my phone to show up under device manager as an APX device. What am I missing? I'm guessing everything I need isn't in the posts or I just don't know how to utilize what they posted. If anybody understands the process please help. I need the NVflash for Dummies version. Thanks for the quick replies and for the help.

[Tool] Nvflash unbricking released! - xda-developers

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    As far as i know as of right now flashing a pre gingerbread on a gingerbread ateix is not recoverable. I would suggest getting a new device and waiting to see if a recovery script is ever made. If one is you could recover the device and sell it.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Unfortunately, they're correct in saying that even with NVFlash, the hard bricked Atrix is still unrecoverable, so far. Motorola locked down (encrypted) access to our phones via NVFlash to prevent root/bootloader access like has been accomplished on the Eee Pad and the LG phones, who did not lock down their hardware. To be able to give commands via NVFlash to the Atrix you would need a Motorola Dev Cable (likely why you can't get it to show up in Device Manager) and the SBK (secure boot key) values known only to Motorola. I didn't want to kill your hopes of recovery, but I also didn't want you to be be chasing something that isn't currently possible.

Here's one developer's account of the situation, granted this was prior to the bootloader unlock being leaked, but the condition of NVFlash remains the same: Update On Bootloader/ Dev Cable/ Nvflash etc... - xda-developers

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well darn. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    485 times
    As a last resort you can shoot a PM to this guy on XDA xda-developers - View Profile: connexion2005
    He says he has a JTAG setup to recover hard bricked devices. Worth at least contacting him and inquiring about it!
    das8nt likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As it turns out it looks like they are close to an Atrix hard brick fix. Thanks for the up.
    thekooliest likes this.

Ads