Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

phone awake % / battery life???

This is a discussion on phone awake % / battery life??? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Any help appreciated!! I cannot figure out what is draining my Atrix battery so fast?? On Froyo, it was reasonable, but since GB, it licks! ...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

phone awake % / battery life???

Any help appreciated!!

I cannot figure out what is draining my Atrix battery so fast?? On Froyo, it was reasonable, but since GB, it licks! Also, on Froyo, you could see what processes had used battery! Using *#*#4636#*#* you could see usage statistics that told you specifically which PROCESSES had consumed what %, with the option to toggle between since last boot, since all time etc but in GB this is much less useful, just tell you apps ie launcher, browser, gmail etc with a launch count and unhelpful # of milliseconds?!?

Do you know of any way to find out the type of info that Froyo used to provide, or a market app that will tell you more than just which apps launched?? When I look at battery and data mangager/battery usage my phone idle % is HUGE, and the phone "awake" bar graph shows my phone awake almost constantly despite "screen on" bar graph having large gaps where I obviously wasn't using my phone.

For example, I purposely did not put on charger last night at bedtime, battery was at 62%, woke up 7 hours later, battery at 21% !!! Something is keeping my phone awake &/or constantly waking it up, but I'll be damned if I know what. I have minimal apps installed since flashing Red Pill, just bare bones, thinking maybe one of my non-essential apps was the culprit!? I used to think it was all blur, but tried CM7 beta, and it's bad battery life dispelled that notion.

Please, is there anything I can do before I launch this Motorola thing off my 12th floor balcony and go out and buy myself another Nokia (old reliable)??? I'd really miss the fingerprint scanner, but it might solve my migraine problems since 2.3.4 entered my life!!!

Thanks,
    Morv
    Last edited by morvy; 10-23-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hi there Morvy. Try downloading a free app called Mini Info from the market. It has a configurable display setting and it might solve some of your problems. If it doesn't, just uninstall it, you're not out any money.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I PM'ed you some information to get started.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i dont know what yall r doing with you phones...10% battery life i can surf online for an hour using fb etc while listening to music. my battery lasts for 1,5days and its always online having fb chat and skype running and i listen to music at least 3hours a day.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    There is also Android Booster that will monitor wifi, data, and and battery consumption.

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    guess i don't know what all i'm doin with my phone or i wouldn't be on here looking for help.... :-)

agreed, i've usually felt that while "using" phone, battery drain wasn't too bad for big screen and dual core processor, but how's your phone for awake time while you're not using it under battery and data manager, battery usage, and long pressing grey bar at top?? does your awake time correspond to screen on? mine is very disproportionate, lots of time with phone awake when it should be sleeping in my pocket or on nightstand?!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m.enno View Post
    i dont know what yall r doing with you phones...10% battery life i can surf online for an hour using fb etc while listening to music. my battery lasts for 1,5days and its always online having fb chat and skype running and i listen to music at least 3hours a day.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    morvy ... you have something that is running background that is causing wakelocks -- probably something syncing with the network (news, weather, social apps, etc). You may need to run an app like betterbatterystats to figure out what is causing the wakelocks. It's a paid app, but if you do a search over on xda, you will probably find a free version of it.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m.enno View Post

Idk what your doing with your phone. My battery usually lasts bout 6-7 hours at moderate use. Im at 60% now and been unplugged 3.5 hours

Sent from rooted 2.3.4 Atrix.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks Carl I already have better battery stats installed and alarm manager is the culprit, but it is tied to most processes and services on phone. i did a sys dump, but don't know enough about android to make sense of log generated wrt what specific thing(s) are telling alarm mgr to wake phone??thanks, morv
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    morvy ... you have somethi2ng that is running background that is causing wakelocks -- probably something syncing with the network (news, weather, social apps, etc). You may need to run an app like betterbatterystats to figure out what is causing the wakelocks. It's a paid app, but if you do a search over on xda, you will probably find a free version of it.

Remove Ads

Ads