Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What's your Backup plan ?

This is a discussion on What's your Backup plan ? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; To those that are more Knowledgeable then me and have survived the unknowing risks from Flashing and Modding their devices, What's your backup plan or ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What's your Backup plan ?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile What's your Backup plan ?

To those that are more Knowledgeable then me and have survived the unknowing risks from Flashing and Modding their devices, What's your backup plan or strategy ?

I ask and seek those that know more then I, to help those that are willing to enjoy the same rewards that you may be enjoying at this moment with your device.

I don't think it's enough to just make a NANDroid backup and flash because sooner or later, we will want to go back and redo it all over and start fresh but our memories might be failing because we can't remember what or how we did it the first time.

Right now, I own an Atrix and have it unlocked and flashed with CM7 on it and am looking forward to enjoying Ice Cream in the near future but am unsure of how to go back to stock without Bricking my device.

Anyone who is willing to sign up and seek the advice of those Knowledgeable here at Atrix Forums.com must know and understand the risk we all take upon ourselves, we just don't want to endure the Hard Road you have survived thus far, so to speak.

Thank You in Advance for reading this comment.

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    I keep a spare fund that will pay for the device I have now, should I brick it. Mine's on loan, actually.

I've had no issues at all so far, and I've flashed this device more times than you might imagine. I would place the flash tally at about 200 since last week.

For those that don't know about fastboot, I recommend they read up on how to use it with the Atrix. Fastboot will seriously get you out of some sticky situations.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I would place the flash tally at about 200 since last week.
    WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    For those that don't know about fastboot, I recommend they read up on how to use it with the Atrix. Fastboot will seriously get you out of some sticky situations.
    Thanks for the tip. I will definitely be checking this out.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Patience and understanding of what one is doing is the best tool. Every mishap that I've seen has come about because the person did not follow the instructions or failed to read all of the prerequisites and instructions before haphazardly leaping into it with both feet.

When you do get yourself into an odd situation with a flash, being level headed and not shooting blindly is your best weapon.

Additionally, I've become very well acquainted with Titanium backup for my apps/data and, as Dorian points out, very well acquainted with fastboot and CWM. Knowing how these work and what to do when is a lifesaver.

Taking shortcuts, not keeping up with newer versions, and not reading the requirements will surely create more problems than one bargains for.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you all to those who replied to this inquiry.

A few weeks ago, I probably and unknowingly used RSD to UNLOCK my Atrix, at least that's what I remembered what I had done because if memory serves me correct, I had to input a series of numbers that a program I was using had told me to look for and after I had done it, I don't think I would advise anyone doing what I had done unless they were willing to risk a Brand New toy.

Although, I do understand what all of yous are saying, I guess what am asking is where do you store your ORIGINAL STOCK ROMS at ? I was thinking that maybe I could use some folders on my computer and download them too it, only as a Backup. I even thought of using Dropbox to upload my Roms, heck I just want to make sure I have at least 1 good backup and have access too it.

Any thoughts on this ?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I don't store any of my roms off phone. I never upgraded to the stock Gingerbread, so for me, it's a matter of just downloading the latest rom file to change. I do use dropbox to keep backups of my photos and music files, but otherwise I don't back anything up.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    +1 for dropbox. It's a great way to store roms.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    The only 'backup' of ROMS i've ever made/used are through CWM - with an unlocked bootloader. +1 to Dorian's comment about fastboot. Learn it. It will undoubtedly save your hide more than you could imagine.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Isn't it reflashing the stock rom tutorial a member posted. Then simply updating via ota IF ice cream comes to the ATRIX. Being that the ATRIX 2 has come out I think at&t will forget all bout it. The original ATRIX was made out to be the most powerful phone. But then came out the photon bionic ATRIX 2 and now the release of 2 stock ice cream phones. Not even on at&t so the original could be forgotten. At least for the time being at&t isn't in any hurry to release updates they just want to release phones. No matter if it comes with froyo or gingerbread. At least the handset it's self is a awesome. We probably won't see an update if we do until q1 or even q2 of next year. I personally hope not. I want ice cream on my phone as I type this.. debating on if I like the adw theme knowing its not true. Or flashing cm7 with the ice cream theme downloadable in the market. But its reality. So just hope and pray one day a 4.0 rom will release or the official ota... but then again this is only in my own opinion.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus 4.0.3 GSM: Unlocked and Rooted AOSP
    Motorola Atrix 4G 2.3.7: Unlocked and Rooted Nuetrino GT
    Apple iPhone 3GS iOS 5: Stock

Wifes Phone: Samsung Nexus S 4G 4.0.3: Unlocked and Rooted sp33r

GOOGLE Galaxy Nexus GSM

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.c View Post
    Isn't it reflashing the stock rom tutorial a member posted. Then simply updating via ota IF ice cream comes to the ATRIX. Being that the ATRIX 2 has come out I think at&t will forget all bout it. The original ATRIX was made out to be the most powerful phone. But then came out the photon bionic ATRIX 2 and now the release of 2 stock ice cream phones. Not even on at&t so the original could be forgotten. At least for the time being at&t isn't in any hurry to release updates they just want to release phones. No matter if it comes with froyo or gingerbread. At least the handset it's self is a awesome. We probably won't see an update if we do until q1 or even q2 of next year. I personally hope not. I want ice cream on my phone as I type this.. debating on if I like the adw theme knowing its not true. Or flashing cm7 with the ice cream theme downloadable in the market. But its reality. So just hope and pray one day a 4.0 rom will release or the official ota... but then again this is only in my own opinion.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    the photon, bionic are 99.9% identical to the atrix, only with less RAM, different cameras - Dorian could surely explain in greater detail than i can. If you're on GB now - you'll be fine for the OTA when/if it comes. If your on, say, CM7 like i am - I will have to reflash the 2.3.4 4.5.91 AT&T SBF file, then do the OTA. Or just wait for the ICS version of CM....

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads