Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cant access internet unless on wifi & sometimes 3G

This is a discussion on Cant access internet unless on wifi & sometimes 3G within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; well i got my new atrix on t-mobile uk, a few days ago and i didnt have one bad thing to say about it, it ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Cant access internet unless on wifi & sometimes 3G

well i got my new atrix on t-mobile uk, a few days ago and i didnt have one bad thing to say about it, it was excellent fast and i couldnt ask for more, i was browsing the internet on my wifi all night and everything was working ok, the next day i went to college and on the bus was trying to access the internet but whatever page i tried it said "web page not available", even on apps that use data they just said "no internet connection, retry?", so i left it for a few days thinking that my unlimited internet on my contract hadnt activated yet and 3 days later it still didnt work, so i took my phone too the shop and they said "we'e refreshed your account, try taking the sim out and putting it back in and if that doesnt work they, sorry we cant do anything you'll have to ring 150 and speak too a technition" so i did what they said and nothing changed, so i rang up the technitions and spoke to them for over an hour trying out different things manually setting the apn up and all sorts or tricks and tips, but once again nothing worked... i was then told that my device may be faulty or that my sim would need to be replaced for a new one. (i also was told to do a factory reset i did this and nothing happened)

so earlier today i googling around and seen that i could text tmobile and for them to send internet settings to install on my phone so i text the number and installed the settings and tried facebook on the browser and it worked! (with my 3g connected and taking about 5 minutes to load the homepage) then i tried to access my friends list and noticed that my 3g signal was gone and it no longer let me access the web just using the data from the 2g signal

so in a nutshell, i can use my phone fine on wifi and everything works and the internet works painfully slow on 3G but sometimes fails because it takes too long stops trying but when theres no 3G i cant access any internet + even with 3G none of my app works like facebook and twitter, this happens no matter where i am at home, at college etc... iv read this problem a few times before on the web but still cannot find any solution can someone help me?

any help would be apreciated thanks! really wish i could just use my phone how it should be working
    Last edited by joebmxx; 10-29-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hi there Joe, and welcome to Atrix Forums. I'm sorry that you're having problems with your Atrix, but you've come to the right place for a solution. I'm not a technical person myself, but we have many very knowledgeable members and our excellent Rescue Squad, so if you can hang on awhile, help will be coming your way.

We are delighted that you chose our forum, and welcome you aboard!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    If you say you reseted your APN's and performed a factory reset, it might just be like they say and you have a faulty unit on your hands. Have you made sure that in setting/battery and data/data delivery/ background data and data enable are checked? Did they replace the SIM card? Cause that could also be the problem. If non of this work, just return the unit for a replacement. I'm sorry you are experiencing this issues.

Welcome.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    If you say you reseted your APN's and performed a factory reset, it might just be like they say and you have a faulty unit on your hands. Have you made sure that in setting/battery and data/data delivery/ background data and data enable are checked? Did they replace the SIM card? Cause that could also be the problem. If non of this work, just return the unit for a replacement. I'm sorry you are experiencing this issues.

Welcome.
    thanks for the welcomes guys

just used the search bar and found atleast 20 other posts all with my sae problem with no solution and yup iv done absolutley everything only thing iv not tried is replacing the sim card which i cant see really doing anything as mine worked with data on my old smartphone and my texts and calls still work and iv not tried replacing the actuall device :/ think that may be the only option.. urgh

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I will strongly suggest trying the SIM first. We have seen this happen a lot of times and solved. At least try it out before replacing the unit.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    I will strongly suggest trying the SIM first. We have seen this happen a lot of times and solved. At least try it out before replacing the unit.
    Ok soo my issue has just got even more confusing, i sent a text to tmobile automated systems last night at really early hours of the morning and they sent me a setup installation for my internet and i gave it a try and my internet worked! Was using 3g and 2g and noi matter what website i tried or app they all loaded fast and with ease, so i try again when i wake up too check my facebook and now it says webpage cannot be displayed and thag an intenet connection doesnt exist lol so this proves my device and sim are fine and it must be the carrier??? Im so confused

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Update: i can use my internet when i have 3G with 3bars signal or higher but if theres low 3G or no 3G i cant access the internet

Remove Ads

Ads